Urgh more issues!

LiamDTR
This post is 4980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay so I have had "developments" with this sodding bike now... turns out the frame number given seems spurious (possibly)...

I managed to find the original seller (3 months ago his sale was listed). Decided to contact him as I'm having

unforeseen registration issues... DVLA Wanted the registration number of the bike, so called the bloke and he said

:quote: Nah mate I didn't sell off the bike with a V5 at all :end quote:

Sooooo this fat turd has sold me a bike he actually didn't have any paperwork for as I've been on the blower to DVLA today

and explained my case as he'd given me a frame number... Now I know (I know 100%!) he has a "donor" bike and I'm curious as to if it's

that frame number he's given me as it does match exactly! They said.. (they being the fella at DVLA) that I should just

use that number so long as it's that frame that he's switched... but there is honestly no way to bloody tell...

I'm at my wits end with this already and I need some suggestions and advice on what to do, I really don't want to be

getting on the wrong side of the law. I already thought this was all sorted but when DVLA want me to do a V62 and I don't

have the reg etc. Or a green new owners slip.... GRRRRRR!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated (HUGELY!).

Cheers guys,

Liam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Liam

Sorry to hear that you have not managed to resolve your frame number problems. I am suprised that the DVLA(?) or police have not tried to contact the individual that you bought the bike from. It would seem to me that this would be something that they would be interested in.

I did a bit of digging on the net about recovering filed off serial numbers from firearms and vehicles. If you know exactly where the VIN is located on your bike there may be an inexpensive way to recover the number without doing a lot of damage to the frame. This would involve chemical etching of the area where the serial number was stamped. I have no idea how much it would cost, but it might be worthwhile checking into if it means the difference between being able to register the bike or not.

Good luck.

Rocky

Liam

go over too Aircooledrdclub you will need to sign up, and look in the RD dating and DVLA section and maybe Paul can help ya if it is a legit frame number he can issue you a dating certificate to get an age related plate, its gonna cost ya £25 to get the certificate but could be well worth it,

Cheers Rocky, Mervin.

The etching sounds like a fantastic idea but could be somewhat costly. I think I'm going to have a lengthy chat with DVLA

and the local coppers as I have texts from the bloke saying "yeah yea it's for that bike" etc. and it doesn't seem right that he's getting away with this be it legit or not...

And I'll register with that site but I'm 100% it's a legit number he's given me due to Yamaha's response and helpfulness but they want £40 lol.

Cheers guys,

Liam

Not going to Lie... just did a little sex wee..

Frame that is 100% Legal has been sourced, same bloke who sorted out the throttle stop screw. Has the V5 an all :)

Will see what other stuff he has in his garages when I go to pick it up. I just know I'm going to be like a child in a sweet shop lol!

Any suggestions for my visit? IE: anything to keep an eye out for that would be good to have a spare of? I'm considering a Secondary petrol tank

for sure as I will need another while I get a set of plastics and tank sprayed up that is in the original colours :)

Cheers again all and thanks for all of the helpful suggestions so far! B)

edit: Only reason I've decided to get a new legal frame is because it's the only way I can definately be sure that I have a legal bike. No more purchasing from un-savoury telle-tubby like people!

Edited by LiamDTR

Righteo! Cheers OG, was thinking of popping a DEP on it once it's on the road anyway so there's my spare exhaust :P I shall fill a box with bits and see if he's got a bolt kit kicking around too! woot it's very exciting again now it's progressing!

Hey Liam

That's great news. Hope you have good luck with your bike and a lot of good memories! :D Make sure you express your gratitude to the guy at the DVLA..it appears he went beyond the call of duty to help.

Rocky