1974 vs. 1975 Dt250 rear wheels... the same??

Dr.Dave
This post is 4858 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I am restoring my 1975 DT250 and have found a rear wheel off a 1974 Dt250 to replace my bad wheel with. Are they interchangable? They look very simliar from the pic. posted on Ebay.

BTW, so my rear wheel as noted above has been dented and thus has a flat spot. I have tried (aggressively) to pound it out. OMG is that metal strong... it is hard to believe that any rock etc. that could have been hit could have done such damage!! Anybody else experience this?

Lastly, are these not great bikes!? I remember riding one (in my quite distant youth)just like the one I am restoring and they are just a fun and smooth ride! Though I ride my KLX250 offroad exclusively now, I would without hesitation take the DT if needed.

Thanks,

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great idea Paul! Will give it a try.

Dave

1975 is DT250C yes??? If so the wheel and all* its parts are common to the DT250/400 B and C models according to my parts book. The front wheel is common to all four models too. #

I have a 75 400C hiding in large lumps round the garage.

HTH Ewan

* the B models had a different cam in the rear brake, but the C model part can be retro fitted.

# bar an updated wheel bearing, again a retro fit opton.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online