Why can't you all own Triumphs as well....

johnsnownw
This post is 5010 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I joined the Triumph forum back in July, but there is no sense of community there, just a bunch of one timers posting and not contributing to anything. You guys need to buy Triumphs and help me out. Get on it!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I joined the Triumph forum back in July, but there is no sense of community there, just a bunch of one timers posting and not contributing to anything. You guys need to buy Triumphs and help me out. Get on it!

Well, I feel your pain, but I for one got tired of rebuilding carb’s on Triumphs and ain’t going back.

40MR

Well, I feel your pain, but I for one got tired of rebuilding carb’s on Triumphs and ain’t going back.

40MR

Buy one without a carb, problem solved. Move to Minnesota, so I have someone to ride with, while you're at it.

Triumph? You don't own a Triumph, that's a Hinkley bike! Triumphs were made in Meriden. End of.

going on your theory that triumphs are only triumphs if they were made in Meriden what about the bikes built before meriden opened its doors in 1942 all those bikes built in coventry are they not triumphs?

Meriden was not the original factory for production as with most manufacturers of motorbikes factorys have changed as production increased even yamaha does not produce its bikes from its original factory so perhaps some of us are not riding proper yamahas?

when production of triumph re started 2 years after meriden closed its doors most of the workers who lost there jobs started at hinkley and all the old problems associated with the old triumphs were sorted,having owned a meriden bonnie from the sixties till a couple of years ago as well as having a yamaha and now having a newer triumph its like a different breed of bike.

the difference now with triumphs is not just that the bikes are better than the older bikes but also the attitude of there dealers which is great wish the same could be said for yamaha!

I hear everything you say and your quite correct about the factory moving to Meriden, but my Grandfather and father never worked at Triumph before 1942 (my grandad was at the Standard then, my dad started at the Standard and move to rootes then the Jag before joining my grandad at Meriden) so I have an alliegence to the Meriden marque. So the Triumph badge will never have any other place with me but Meriden. As you yourself stated, 'a newer triumph its like a different breed of bike' the Meriden bikes are a world apart, no better maybe but a world apart. I don't have a Triumph at present for one reason.......I can't afford a Meriden produced bike. I can buy a Hinkley bike tomorrow, there's a 1993 Trident 900 for sale locally for £1500 but try getting a T120/140 Boniville or T160 Trident for that money. Says it all really.

i can understand you having a alliegence to the meridan brand,i bought my first t120 in the early sixties off my cousin for just over £400 and kept it till 2008,unlike the storys you here of the old british bikes being bad for leaking oil and other urbam myths she took me all over the world in my time spent in the army never once letting me down,many a time in the late 70s and early 80s i was tempted to sell for at that time a few hundred thankfully i always changed my mind,in 2008 she was now showing her age and needed a lot of work doing on her so nostalgia turned to the realistic fact that a bike i had paid £400 for was now going to be sold for £4800 ! i have had plenty of other bikes but dont think i will ever see me getting that sort of profit again. :(

like this one John ?, I put a link up there to this sight for anyone having problems with eye and interest fatigue (its one of them overly large too much information sites -it was taken down within a minute and a half :huh::lol:

not very democratic - verging on the paranoic :unsure:

http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/

like this one John ?, I put a link up there to this sight for anyone having problems with eye and interest fatigue (its one of them overly large too much information sites -it was taken down within a minute and a half :huh::lol:

not very democratic - verging on the paranoic :unsure:

http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/

Exactly like that one, not pleasing to the eye at all.

Nothing in very triumphant about em really was there

Did the japaneese idustry wonders, one of my dad's favorite bike stories (yawn) is a 69 Honda 175 blitzing his 650 Bonnie in a straight line. :D I'll have him in the corners thinks my dad, i know this road well no one gets through the Sands faster. Nope busted there as well. He blew it up trying to catch this little 175.

They impressed him that much he's got one himself now. Took him a few years to find one to do up mind. Funnily enough he's never wanted a Triumph.

I passed my bike test on a Triumph Tiger Cub in the mid 70s and went on to own and run a 1969 T120 Bonnie for years. Since then I've had a variety of Triumphs including a Daytona T100. I presently own a 2009 Bonnie SE. I dont believe in this Meriden v Hinckley crap. :angry:

ATB

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online