A word of warning.

Hairy
This post is 5001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dont buy 'Bike it' bike covers . . . Thier crap.

Ive had two off them in a month and both have come apart at the seams and the wind gets in and rips them apart leaving my bike open to the elements.

If the covers are this bad, whats the rest of thier product range like . . . As cheap and nasty as the covers i suspect !

Give them a wide birth !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh ,, bet ther made in china , Every firm seems to be buying bulk goods from far east, coz the profit margins are big, i mean give the chinks time they will improve build quality, but quality reflects in the Price, ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It is the same story everywhere.... UK, Canada, Australia, US etc. The prices are cheap because the Chinese have no quality control and pay nothing for wages. Everyone is trying to save money.

The products don't last, but because most people don't return them to the retailer, there is no incentive for the retailer to quit using China as supplier. What ends up happening is you buy cheap Chinese products and you get a piece of crap. As a result we are importing Chinese unemployment...they end up working and we lay people off.

I personally try very hard to avoid any product that is made in China...even if it means I pay more. Needless to say, even though I try and buy from countries other than China it is difficult because almost every low tech item is now made in China.

Rocky

You get what you pay for

pay peanuts get monkeys

have got to agree with Mervin , but i work for the uk arm of an american company and we have tons of stuff made in china , the issue is spec and QC (quality control), we have to have all our products screened and QCd before it hits the containers but the chinese are sometimes sneaky they will lower the original specs of the product been made, its the oldest trick in the book if you are a novice they give you a sample of high spec good quality merchandise you sign on the dotted line and pay for the stock up front ,you go home and think im going to make a killing in europe only to find when you pick up your container that the high spec is now low spec cheap and shitty

we have to have american personel working in china making sure that the specs are adhered to and we check all container before leaving china

I know some stuff that comes from china is petty poor but i reckon if you say how cheaply can you build a good rain cover and how good a rain cover can you build cheaply? They may sound like the same question but they're not. My friend had some stuff machined over there and sent over, it cost less than anyone would do it for in this country but the quality was good and they resolved any issues reay quickly. When he had stuff machined over here for prototypes and stuff he really struggled to get stuff done quickly and when he had issues they were prety reluctant to help. Nothing wrong with chinese stuff if you get stuff which is worth what it costs. A £10 raincover will be ok under a shelter but as prices go up to hundreds of pounds for top ones then maybe that indicates that to get a good one you need to spend more than the £10 maybe £40-£50. that said some stuf doens't justify it's price tag, I just wanted to stand up for al the perfectly good, reasonaby priced stuff out there.

payed £20 for my oxford one... or it may have been £30?... well actually my mum paid it on the condition that the bike was moved from the garage to outside so she could put her car in the garage, and that cover has lasted more than two years (albeit a few oil stains on the back from the DT exhaust), only problem i have had is after about a year the elastic was weak and as a result the cover would blow off, so now i tie a bit of rope around it and problem solved,

the way i think of it, you can buy a £10 cover and maybe it will last 4-5 months, which equated in my mind to £2 per month for protection, wheras my £30 cover has lasted more than 24 months, meaning it works out as £1.25 per month for protection, which equals better value for money in the long run

Yeh ,, bet ther made in china , Every firm seems to be buying bulk goods from far east, coz the profit margins are big, i mean give the chinks time they will improve build quality, but quality reflects in the Price, ;)

I heard today that the Chinese minister for export is one Lee Ker Ching :huh: , and no I didn't make that up

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online