HGV Driver hours relaxed

Vez
This post is 4943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I heard that on the radio Vez, dunno how truckers are gonna feel about this, I suppose if its paid as overtime-but will it, the government moving the bloody goalposts when it suits them :mellow:

I heard that on the radio Vez, dunno how truckers are gonna feel about this, I suppose if its paid as overtime-but will it, the government moving the bloody goalposts when it suits them  :mellow:

Depends on what the individual truckers contract says, my Dad is quite happy about it. Its only until Wednesday anyway.

Good idea imo, at least the suits are thinking about getting supplies through, like salt and food. My dad delivers alot of salt to schools, fire stations and hospitals, so it cant be a bad thing.

Wont make a great deal of difference to most of us. Its only the hyper distance lads that drive up to their limits anyway. I do multidrop so even flat out on a 12 hour day i may only drive for 6 maybe 7 of em.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking as an HGV Driver myself, it's a token gesture to appease the people stranded in far-flung communities, rather than a serious attempt at helping out the truck drivers. An extra hour? Whoop-de-doo :( The law already states that in an emergency we can drive until there's somewhere safe to stop, and any driver that's not carrying overnight gear in this weather is an idiot.

Gotta agree with Blam it was purely a public relations thing on the part of Vosa

i know someone who was done £200 last week because he miscalculated his break and started 10 mins early

then another £200 because he did a 15 hour spread over day and took a 9 hour break which i thought yo whee entitled to do 3 times a week

but the copper told him no if you work a full 15 hour spread you have to have 11 off, i am sure they make these laws up as you go along

Why dont they just make it totally illegal to drive a truck then that will simplify things, everyone will starve to death

No Vosa or police left hoorah

...if you work a full 15 hour spread you have to have 11 off...

I actually didn't know that. Mind you, don't think I've ever been pulled up for it either. I'll definitely have to look in to that one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online