1977 250dt mono

Guest sparkout
This post is 4903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest sparkout

Hi all I've just started a complete rebuild of the first bike I every road its a 1977 250 DT I would list all that needs doing but Its easyer to say what I've got. Wheels, frame, engine missing almost every thing else. Parked it in dry storage when I moved off the farm it was going when I moved.Wife says mid life crisis is around the corner. I've seen loads of second bits mostly 175DT of similar year got my parts book can any one tell me if the 175 and 250 switches, headlights, speedo, tacho are compatable. First topic when I find out how will put some photos on but she looks very sick at the moment.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice bike...I just sold one.

Lots of common parts with the '77 and '78 DT400, but not so much with other bikes. Many parts are still available from Yamaha or aftermarket suppliers.

Oldgitonabike is very knowledgable about these, hopefully, for your sake, he'll chime in. Easy bike to work on, at least you can yank the motor out of the frame by yourself....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online