Yamaha, Jog RR, 50cc, 05 reg

Batman
This post is 4765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right i bought my scootay coupel of weeks ago it had a flashing one bars worth of petrol in it and was stood from may, ive changed spark plug, cleaned air filter, gone through 2 full tanks of petrol with red ex in and done around 130 miles. i was told when buying it a week before he had a new piston in not sure if he got head done and it had the clocks reset n i got it at 170 miles, i got it put through its test so it has a years ticket on. right thats the background of the bike.

right the problem.

ill start it up to go to work and its fine and pokey until about a minute down the road then when i stop to turn ill try to go n it will like bog down n have no revs, then ill switch key off then back on n it generally will pick up n go.

other times it will be goin n bog down n then rev to about 20mph n stay there n slowly really slowly pick up to a max of 35

it usually sits at about 35/38mph n generally wont go over that, and website says it will go 45mph but its only ever hit about 42mph once.

any help would be much appreciated or any buyers would be better lol please help as im clueless!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right i bought my scootay coupel of weeks ago it had a flashing one bars worth of petrol in it and was stood from may, ive changed spark plug, cleaned air filter, gone through 2 full tanks of petrol with red ex in and done around 130 miles. i was told when buying it a week before he had a new piston in not sure if he got head done and it had the clocks reset n i got it at 170 miles, i got it put through its test so it has a years ticket on. right thats the background of the bike.

right the problem.

ill start it up to go to work and its fine and pokey until about a minute down the road then when i stop to turn ill try to go n it will like bog down n have no revs, then ill switch key off then back on n it generally will pick up n go.

other times it will be goin n bog down n then rev to about 20mph n stay there n slowly really slowly pick up to a max of 35

it usually sits at about 35/38mph n generally wont go over that, and website says it will go 45mph but its only ever hit about 42mph once.

any help would be much appreciated or any buyers would be better lol please help as im clueless!

does it just bog down when you turn as you mention this in your post , could be a routing problem on your throttle cable choke ?

cheers

Al

• 7 months later...

root of the problem was half red ex, n half carb needed cleaning.

to be honest ive had to get my carb cleaned every other month due to coal dust from where i work, now i have a problem of a new spark plug, clean carb but with possible low compression, i am guessing it needs a new piston anybody know a cheap place for piston kits?

also what else would i have to change in order to replace piston with a big bore 70cc kit and has anybody got any experience or views on this modification, i.e pros, cons, prices and source's of products.

any info much appreciated!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online