Two new finds

naagsca.com
This post is 5027 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked these up two weeks ago. The 74 RD 350 was in profession dry storage for 22 years. I changed the fluids, new battery some gas and started first kick. Runs and rides great. Now I have to get the petcock to stop leaking. New rebuild kit, no help.

the 77 XS 400 has about the same story, but was resurrected by the previous owner. It rides nice but needs some carb tweaking. I am probably going to sell it. I thought about going the cafe route, but clean original 77s seem hard to find. tim

These are my 51st and 52ND bike, and my reintroduction back in to two wheels since 2006.

P1000503.jpg

P1000504.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: naagsca

great bikes with totally different experiences! one for loony days one for distances

nice intro as well :thumb:

Dont know if 'google' has a Scots-Murrican translater butt you can try this for a laugh

"Furfuxake ya jammy bastert waur the fuk did ye get thame" :D

Welcome " and cracking finds, "Thats definatley the cleanest " XS 400 On this forum ,:D

Thanks, that's what I thought when I bought it. Over here they seem really hard to find. Any one know any production numbers? I got with the intent to cafe it, but am having some issues now , on cutting it up. tim

nice bikes there mate HVcycle will have new petcocks for the RD

as for the Xs it will be an investment left alone dont for crying out loud cafe it there must be plenty of rough ones out there to cafe, decent original ones like that should be left alone not even restored i think

god if i owned them id put them back in storage and let there value increase over the years!

god if i owned them id put them back in storage and let there value increase over the years!

NO PAUL. BAD PAUL. a bike is for riding, not for money!!!!!

I really really can't stand people who collect classic anything and do use them, whats the point in a bike if you're not going to ride it? I would rather have my dinged up 125 that I DO ride than something which I'm scared to ride because it's old and worth a lot? Like my friend who collects vintage electric guitars but every time I go round he's playing his beaten up old acoustic! haha.

Seriously though, it makes me sad to see collectors with so many beautiful bikes just not being ridden! :(

Anyway, welcome buddy, and you have two lovely bikes there :)

nice bikes there mate HVcycle will have new petcocks for the RD

as for the Xs it will be an investment left alone dont for crying out loud cafe it there must be plenty of rough ones out there to cafe, decent original ones like that should be left alone not even restored i think

no petcock at HV, I am with you on the XS, but they are not selling over here. I have posted at 1600.00 on a few sites, no takers. I could get 2000.00 for the RD, but I am going to ride her for the next 20 years. tim

NO PAUL. BAD PAUL. a bike is for riding, not for money!!!!!

I really really can't stand people who collect classic anything and do use them, whats the point in a bike if you're not going to ride it? I would rather have my dinged up 125 that I DO ride than something which I'm scared to ride because it's old and worth a lot? Like my friend who collects vintage electric guitars but every time I go round he's playing his beaten up old acoustic! haha.

Seriously though, it makes me sad to see collectors with so many beautiful bikes just not being ridden! :(

Anyway, welcome buddy, and you have two lovely bikes there :)

I tend to agree with you there Chris, but if they happen to be the last one or two in existence then i think they should be preserved. Other than that a bike is for riding.

I am with you on the XS, but they are not selling over here. I have posted at 1600.00 on a few sites, no takers.

Funny that " back in the 1970s, it was the same story, I knew a local shop with an XS400 in window, and it sat ther for year , In that time, they musta shifted Dozens of Rd"s 250s& 400s. :unsure:

It was a two-stroke erra B) , looks like tastes are still similar " drewps" comment for the defence ":rolleyes:

Funny that " back in the 1970s, it was the same story, I knew a local shop with an XS400 in window, and it sat ther for year , In that time, they musta shifted Dozens of Rd"s 250s& 400s. :unsure:

It was a two-stroke erra B) , looks like tastes are still similar " drewps" comment for the defence ":rolleyes:

the xs's were developed for the learner market, ie 250cc which the 400's are based on. Exactly the same with the wetdreams and suzies. the bikes were identical except for the cc's. that's why they didn't sell then and will always be thought of "inferior".

BTW I beat an RD 250 and 400 at wombwell track. :lol:

and will always be thought of "inferior".

BTW I beat an RD 250 and 400 at wombwell track. :lol:

What" you beat them with a stick , while parked in the paddock .:P:D

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online