Sick XJ600

The Bullock
This post is 5086 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wotcha.I've just got a 20 year old XJ600.Took her out the other morning,got onto the motorway and opened her up and she ran fine.A few miles went by and started losing power.Pulled up and she stopped,after a few attempts she fired back up and ran fine.This continued until I got off the M1,pulled up and let her cool,then she ran fine as if nothing happened.I'm suspecting fuel,help!!!!

Hagar

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

summat more than wathca would have nice as an introduction,

anyhow make sure the tank is venting, if it happens again open the cap and see if it suck in air

jhasit got a vacuum tap make sure that is ok and clean any filters in it

Wotcha.I've just got a 20 year old XJ600.Took her out the other morning,got onto the motorway and opened her up and she ran fine.A few miles went by and started losing power.Pulled up and she stopped,after a few attempts she fired back up and ran fine.This continued until I got off the M1,pulled up and let her cool,then she ran fine as if nothing happened.I'm suspecting fuel,help!!!!

Hagar

hard shit who really cares people on this forum are pissed off with people who post on here wanting help and advice but cant be arsed introducing themselves get an answer and then piss off again never to post again. sorry but i dont care mate.

there can be many reasons for this but as mervin suggested check venting make sure air vent passages are clear,check your air filter make sure its clear clean and properly seated also checkair filter to carb boot for cracks,holes, loose clamps,take plugs out see what condition they are in clean or replace,as i said there are many reasons for your problems but as i dont know the history of the bike ie has it been sat a long while how new is the fuel etc but theres a few things to try,know we know a bit more about you there are plenty of folk on here will try and help,

give it a good service, filters and oil, but before changing the plugs take them out after high speed run and check the colour of the electrode end, it should be chocolatey-brown but sounds asif yours is running weak (lean)

give it a good service, filters and oil, but before changing the plugs take them out after high speed run and check the colour of the electrode end, it should be chocolatey-brown but sounds asif yours is running weak (lean)

She's in for a service,a tune up......and a ragging!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online