Missing Registration Details

DLisi
This post is 5093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hope this is in the right place, my first post.

A few months ago my dad bought me a MBK Doodo 125 from ebay. MBK bikes are the same as Yamaha, only differently branded/named. They are manufactured by the same company, and the MBK Doodo 125 is basically a Yamaha Teos 125.

The bike did not come with any sort of registration details, so at the moment I am facing paying the £55 fee to Yamaha in order for them to give me my registration.

I have the Engine Number and Frame Number, and was wondering if there is any way of finding out my registration while avoid the steep fee.

Any help is appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the Forum thingymybob, not got a clue what your 'toknaboot' , maybe someone does-so hang around and enjoy your stay :)

Guest CardBoardDave

Jammer its a french scooter company owned by yamaha cording to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBK_%28Scooter_manufacturer%29

New to me

Thingymybob have you looked for a local dealer to call?

http://www.mbk-europe.com/mbk/dealers/

Failing that use this

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017825

Sorry just re read are you saying that the bike has never been regeisted for the road and is new?

Ah, no.

What I'm saying is the bike was previously registered in 2001, and sometime between then and when my dad purchased it, the registration details have gone missing.

That's why I need a method of finding out the registration details without having to shell out a large amount of money.

loud alarm bells are ringing in my head here, no reg details are you sure this bike is legit, not stolen, or anything, is it a grey import that never had a plate in this country??

anyhow

If you have a friend in the motor trade that can look up the engine/frame for you on the HPI system you may get it that way,

if not you will need to cough up the £55 too yamaha then the £25 too dvla for the log book , or go down the (even more expensive) road of getting a dating certificate and an age related plate certificate,

Thanks for the help & welcomes everyone.

Looks like I'll have to be paying the fee. Pretty sure the bike isn't stolen. Was in a pretty down condition when it was picked up - had been left standing for months/years.

I have all sales paperwork, etc, so in the event that it was nicked, all should be fine... and someone will have a nice, restored Scooter to ride :)

Unless you can find a number plate, tax disc or old photo showing the reg number you've had it.

If Yamaha can supply the registeration number this will save you going through the registration process with DVLA

Me id just send of a v62 using the vin number and see what comes of it tbh

I can tell ya what will happen nothing DVLA will not look for their own granny if she gets lost, I had a bike with the change of owner V5 section and was told it had been declared scrapped, but the scrapping piece was still on it, even with the reg number etc they would not look and tell me if it was actually scrapped on their records, I was told too contact a vehicle checking company

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online