on the road again! (finally...)

wild foamy
This post is 5111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey peeps!

with the delivery of my new michelin pilot sport front tyre, replacement of the fork seals and repair of the front mudguard, my XJ has now been MOT'd and i am once again on the road... brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye as the memories of my old DT came flooding back... *sniffle*.

anyway, i am now itching to get the spanners out and tinker with my newfound love, but what modifications can i do/buy for such an oldish bike?, it already has a full motad neta exhaust and a front fender extender, and heated grips are next on my list.

what else can i do to this bike to personalise it and make it more enjoyable to ride? (imparticular, where can i find a taller screen? to keep the wind down?)

all the best

-Foamy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey peeps!

with the delivery of my new michelin pilot sport front tyre, replacement of the fork seals and repair of the front mudguard, my XJ has now been MOT'd and i am once again on the road... brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye as the memories of my old DT came flooding back... *sniffle*.

anyway, i am now itching to get the spanners out and tinker with my newfound love, but what modifications can i do/buy for such an oldish bike?, it already has a full motad neta exhaust and a front fender extender, and heated grips are next on my list.

what else can i do to this bike to personalise it and make it more enjoyable to ride? (imparticular, where can i find a taller screen? to keep the wind down?)

all the best

-Foamy

Get using it foamy, thats the best way to personalise it to you, save your cash for all the fuel, then when ya know its a good and reliable bike, then personalise it,,,,,thats me thaughts !!!!

it is a good and reliable bike, cus its mine, and i maintain it all by myselfs :P

ive got a full tank of fuel and a mars bar under the seat, thats more than enough for a foamy adventure :D

Good news Foamy mate, as the lads say get on and enjoy it worry about add ons later when yo know it is ok, i have had bikes that were right dogs but looked ok, as for a taller screen watch ebay for a secondhand one

Leave it be sausagefingers :lol:

no can do im afraid, i have this obsessive urge to tinker, ive already added a front fender extender (£5 off fleabay, good condition aswell), heated grips are next on my fingers but shit the bed this thing is fast :D

neeeeooooowwww....*splat*

beware of low-flying foamys

can soon take one, you mean pics of the bike in general or the fender extender?

Bike in general,,,,,,have seen them now in your other post,,,,,,,,,Great looking bike

not bad for an old bird eh? ;).

one slight fubar on my part, gone and left my V5C at Benson, and im on leave for the rest of the week :/ so can't go out for a blast just yet... but bringing it back from the MOT centre yesterday i took the long route home through some country roads, was awesome

its torture not being able to ride it though :/

Fender extenda :thumb:

heated grips (Dr Bike) :thumb:

HID front lamp :thumb:

Kyoto break pads (front and back):thumb:

The 20 pence fork mod :thumb:

Yep from the pics the best thing to do to that bike is a set of panniers then do your DT50 tour on something that will do it with ease and make it a laugh. You better be at the next meet too. So you tell Her Majesty you want a couple of days off next September or else, :D

then do your DT50 , :D

Yeh foamy" Remember Ireland on 50" One of your first posts? were doing the Nw,200 next year B)

oh, for all my hard graft i think her majesty owes me some R&R time ;).

but what is the 20 pence fork mod? O.o

meant to tell you this 'while' you had your forks apart-but you looked like you were having too much fun :P

oh, and I fibbed, slightly, it actually costs double the original quote

bwwaaahaaahaaaaa :lol: have you got the 'dosh' ?

its 40 pence, 20 pence per side :blink:

take 10x2pence pieces (this will take 2 goes alltogether)

unscrew the fork caps and drop 5x2pence pieces into each fork tube then screw cap on

next year do the same with another 5 each side B)