Fall out from a duff bulb....

Cynic
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yeh i remember him [ bandit] he drank the last of the Glava" Where are you heading , in lake district,, ?

going to devils bridge,,,,,,and no i am not doing the jump b4 you ask,,,,then for a bimble around the lake...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A yes,,,,, then thats maby/hopefully why you were getting vibes through the pegs when on the move and now there isnt any when on the stand.

Hopefully it wont all be as bad as first thaught ! good luck !

Still tempted to split the motor and check it through though, especially as i have permision :P . After the money pit the LC turned out to be i'm not skimping on this one.

:unsure: ?money pit.

Bought bike

Had tasty bits on like pipes and filters, went like fuck

Unfortunately it only went like fuck on AVGAS (Tarted proddie racer)

I didn't know it ran on AVGS as i got the careful owner speech from the bastard that sold me it.

Blew up (literraly steam oil etc) on way to Rock and Blues :angry:

Head bearings, sw arm bearings, wheel bearings all just good enough cos they had been rammed with grease.

Got another motor ;)

mains went on that one :angry:

Got another motor :unsure:

gearbox siezed :angry::angry:

Some idiot nicked it, :D

Insurance paid out and left me the bike, not recorded. Sold as project to proper numpty for far too much "Its a future classic init", :D

Ended up losing not as much as i could have but learned a lesson, never go cheap on 2 strokes.

Aye, i here ya Jason,

Personaly,,,if i was keeping the bike for a long time (think ya are) i would have to put my mind at rest and do the split. It would all be very well just to do the top end but what IF when its all back togeather there's still something not right,,,,,more money down the swanny to redo the lot again. If i had the time, the money and the pacience then thats what i would do, least then i would Know my bike was right again and have full faith in it !!!

Its your call mate, once ya start you might find time means nothing and end up doing all the work !!!

ps. have fun

imho, if something aint right it may escalate into something much worse, put the kettle on, get comfy and sit back for yet another nostalgic tale of the DT.

after installing my awesomely powerful *snigger* 60cc big bore kit, the little blue dragon wasnt right all week, but me being the uptight sod i was thought F*ck it, it will see me through to payday, a few nights later on my way home on a country lane about 10 at night, pitch black, it died on me, completely cut out and refused to go, i started pushing it home (4-5 miles mostly uphill) and got very warm, so i took my leathers off and draped it over the seat as i pushed, upon arriving home around midnight i found out my wallet and phone had dropped out of my leathers en-route, and the bore was trashed (£40 down the drain, £30 and a gig ticket in my wallet, and about £100 worth of phone), which could have been prevented if i had investigated the problem before hand and spent £2.80 on a carb jet.

morale of the story, get it sorted before it comes around to bite you in the ass.

i miss my DT :'(

imho, if something aint right it may escalate into something much worse, put the kettle on, get comfy and sit back for yet another nostalgic tale of the DT.

after installing my awesomely powerful *snigger* 60cc big bore kit, the little blue dragon wasnt right all week, but me being the uptight sod i was thought F*ck it, it will see me through to payday, a few nights later on my way home on a country lane about 10 at night, pitch black, it died on me, completely cut out and refused to go, i started pushing it home (4-5 miles mostly uphill) and got very warm, so i took my leathers off and draped it over the seat as i pushed, upon arriving home around midnight i found out my wallet and phone had dropped out of my leathers en-route, and the bore was trashed (£40 down the drain, £30 and a gig ticket in my wallet, and about £100 worth of phone), which could have been prevented if i had investigated the problem before hand and spent £2.80 on a carb jet.

morale of the story, get it sorted before it comes around to bite you in the ass.

i miss my DT :'(

Yep i have some very fond memories of mine, thats where they will stay though memories. As there are plenty of cold, slow, wet, slow, oily, cold, and depressingly slow, did i mention slow moments you forget with the rosy glasses and a little time.

theresa DT50 frame on ebay for a tenner... tempted to buy it and piece together a DT... labour of love kinda thing...

Put a 350 YPVS engine in it then or a banshee one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online