XVS 1300 -2007 - cutting out!!

bubble169
This post is 4691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, newbie on site (very good)- have a serious issue with my XVS 1300:(7,000 miles)

Bike runs fine when standing - upto 1 hour - no issues - but when taken out for a run at 23 miles starts to degrade in running then at 30 miles cuts out and then will not run but will turn over and start running for a few seconds then cuts out (recommend do not try to push bike for 1.5 miles - very tiring!!).

Solution so far - has been on a Dyno road - runs perfect - new plugs, air filter all checks out.

NO lights on the speedo re the ECU no fault codes.

The bike is an import from the states - hence if any parts needed you have to order them from the states.

The mechanic thinks it might be the ECU !!!

Any advice thoughts would be much appreciated..

Bubble

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Bubble

I ride a '97 XV535. I am sure that there are a lot of differences between our bikes due to engine size and yr of manufacture but I have been having similar problems for the last 2 months. The bike runs great at times and at other times runs very poorly. The engine also cuts out when comming to a stop every on an infrequent basis. The technicians have taken the carb apart 5 times and now are focusing on the transistor control ignition system which is prpbably the ECU on your bike. Based on the problems that I am having, which are similar to yours, I would say that the problem is the ECU and not the carbs.

I hope your mechanic comes up with a solution.

RM

• 9 months later...

Hi, newbie on site (very good)- have a serious issue with my XVS 1300:(7,000 miles)

Bike runs fine when standing - upto 1 hour - no issues - but when taken out for a run at 23 miles starts to degrade in running then at 30 miles cuts out and then will not run but will turn over and start running for a few seconds then cuts out (recommend do not try to push bike for 1.5 miles - very tiring!!).

Solution so far - has been on a Dyno road - runs perfect - new plugs, air filter all checks out.

NO lights on the speedo re the ECU no fault codes.

The bike is an import from the states - hence if any parts needed you have to order them from the states.

The mechanic thinks it might be the ECU !!!

Any advice thoughts would be much appreciated..

Bubble

check your wiring to the side stand cut off relay.. left of the battery down low..mine did this and found the loom had rotted .all went green an horrible. did a temp repair that lasted three months which was the time it took to get a loom from yamaha