Trying to sort historic status Oct 1972 RD350A

Smokin
This post is 5117 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an original condition october 1972 RD350A, it was imported from the USA by the previous owner and on the V55 it is detailed that it was first registered January 1973. Is it correct that I will have to re-register the bike and declare the bikes true manufacture date with a letter of support from the club. Is this something the club can help me with. Any help will be appreciated :o)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi smokin, I'm not sure what the procedure is but maybe our mervin will know, he will no doubt direct you to the aircooledrd forum

http://www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk/forum/active_topics.asp

or of course the VJMC WILL be able to help

...Paul

Thanks for your help Paul your a gent, how do I get in touch with Mervin?

Join the aircooled rd club we are in the procees of getting to be DVLA approved for dating the RD,s, or you can get the dating letter from VJMC or ask yamha themselves if they vcan supply a letter with the date of manafacture

hold on you say you have a V5, do you have a reg number?? in which case you are sorted, or if you have the original us documents they will prove the age of it i reckon

merv

Join the aircooled rd club we are in the procees of getting to be DVLA approved for dating the RD,s, or you can get the dating letter from VJMC or ask yamha themselves if they vcan supply a letter with the date of manafacture

hold on you say you have a V5, do you have a reg number?? in which case you are sorted, or if you have the original us documents they will prove the age of it i reckon

merv

Hi Merv, the bike was imported from the USA and registered by the previous owner. The RD is now registered in my name, the V5 states it as was manufactured 1973 (this is incorect) I plan keeping the bike for the foreseeble future and it would be good to have its actual date of manufacture registered. It should qualify as a tax exempt historical motorcycle. The bike has matching engine and frame numbers and the original head stock sticker clearly states date of manufacture Oct 72. I have been told I will have to re-register the bike, I have never done this before so I was looking for advise of the best route to take. Thanks very much for you help and perhaps now you have more info you may be able to point me in the right direction.

go to his profile,then send him a personel message.he will reply when he opens it.

Thanks for your help :)

Yes very interesting i would swant to get it back to hte correct date as well, I am not too sure about this you would need a dating certificate for sure, maybe contacting the VJMC would be the way forward here, I have some knowledge of registering foreign bikes but never dealt with redating them

Merv

Hi smokin, I'm not sure what the procedure is but maybe our mervin will know, he will no doubt direct you to the aircooledrd forum

http://www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk/forum/active_topics.asp

or of course the VJMC WILL be able to help

...Paul

Thanks for your help Paul

Yes very interesting i would swant to get it back to hte correct date as well, I am not too sure about this you would need a dating certificate for sure, maybe contacting the VJMC would be the way forward here, I have some knowledge of registering foreign bikes but never dealt with redating them

Merv

Thanks again for your help Merv, really appreciate it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online