big kev's choker.

up.yours
This post is 4975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the choke on my 1981 rd350lc ,when pulled out in the morning slides right back in ,as the snag catch or whatever holds it in place is worn/broke/missing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,atm i use a small crocodile clip to hold it open by clipping it to the choke pull shaft..........................How can i fix it without buying a new bike or replaceing the carbs ,,,any idea,, please leave message in add reply.ta kev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thank's paul,iv'e put a watch on them,do you know of a cure b4 i buy the though.

No mate its a while since I saw mine, I think theres some kind of stainless springy thing that falls into a groove but i'm not sure...I expect the sides of the groove are worn down so replacement would be best. keep on using the clip in the short term.

Who's to say you WILL buy those, for all you know there is alraedy a £70 bid on them :rolleyes:

worth a go though at the death

the choke on my 1981 rd350lc ,when pulled out in the morning slides right back in ,as the snag catch or whatever holds it in place is worn/broke/missing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,atm i use a small crocodile clip to hold it open by clipping it to the choke pull shaft..........................How can i fix it without buying a new bike or replaceing the carbs ,,,any idea,, please leave message in add reply.ta kev

Is this what you are looking for,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-RD-250-350-RD350LC-NOS-CARBURETOR-CHOKE-PLUNGER-/250697469225?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a5ebbcd29

Try this place too http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/products-cold%20start%20kits.html

I think that the item might be the same for nearly all Yamaha Mikuni carbs,

Is this what you are looking for,

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a5ebbcd29

Try this place too http://www.allensper...art%20kits.html

I think that the item might be the same for nearly all Yamaha Mikuni carbs,

Aye Kev, i think just a new plunger might do ya, like the one above.

Can ya unscrew yours and take it out gently for a look, maby it just needs a new spring.

But maby the carb itself is at fault (dout it ), either way have a we look at your plunger to see whats up with it.

Edit : probably not your spring as yours is pulling back in ok,,,,,,i didnt read carefully

cheers for that one ,nayruf.iv'e also put a watch on that one.as for the link,:blink: i have to be told what i kneed................Hiya,pat,,,i will have a twist and see iff it unscrews,

pulled the choke unit out earlier and it appears to be unservisable,the springs good the brass plunger end looks ok but it doesn't stick open and it doesn't seem like i can unscew the plastic puller to strip it down,,,,,,,,,so for now ile clip it open ,it gives the bike carictor.

pulled the choke unit out earlier and it appears to be unservisable,the springs good the brass plunger end looks ok but it doesn't stick open and it doesn't seem like i can unscew the plastic puller to strip it down,,,,,,,,,so for now ile clip it open ,it gives the bike carictor.

A well kev, looks like your gona have ta part with a few £ for a new plunger,,like in the linky above. or stick with the crock clip,,nothing wrong with the clip and it does give the bike character.:D

The bit that holds it open is in the brass collar under the rubber bit. I've got a donor carb (amongst others) that i've robbed for bits. Send us your address and you can have the choke bits out of that if you want.

thanks for the spelling lesson pat,,,i will pm you with that jase,,,,ta very much indeed.

Im definatly not the man to be giving spelling lessons,,,,,, i never did like school,,,,,,,spent much of my time looking out the window wishing i could be outside !!!

Looks like Cynic has ya sorted !

F'me someone coughed up 25 notes for that choke. :blink::blink:

Anybody want some hens teeth, going cheep!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online