Conserned about y.p.v.s

jakeyclarkey
This post is 4968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey iv just bought a dtr 125 06 model and was wondering about the ypvs, it seams to urn the rong way when i rev the bike. when i start the bike it cleans its self as it should clockwise then anti. when i start the bike it moves clockwise but when i rev it moves more clockwise, i thought it moves anti clockwise to the same place as when its off???

P.s. sorry for spelling nd gramer XD

someone ellses vid but same thing

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't appolagise for spelling mistakes on here,, theirs realy no need to.:thumb: as for help with your bike ,,,,,,,i ain't a feckin clue ,,,,sorry.:icon_eek:

Welcome Jakey :D

Thats our Vez's PV you have posted up, it was going the wrong way but I understand that when he earthed the necessary wire on his CDI...***HEY PRESTO***

His engine blew up :blink:

Beat me to it :P.

Edit. the engine blowing up is completely unrelated!

Earth the wire behind the headlight and the PV will rotate the right way.

http://www.yamahaclu...re-power-valve/ original thread.

I'll post a pic on earthing the wire shortly

Finding the block with only 3 wires leaving it and adding a small piece of wire to create an earth with the black/green wire to a black wire will make the PV work as Mr Yamaha intended and de-restrict the bike.

debridage.jpg

HTH

I thouht i earthed it but obvs not right haha wheres the best place to put it and engine blowing up ..... please tell me your kidding XD

sorry dident see the pic

Edited by jakeyclarkey

Yes the black is the earth, i have run a wire from the black/green to the frame on a previous bike and it didn't work. The above method is the best way imo.

The engine has not blown up as such, and was probably caused by a crash i was involved in back in April. Damaged bearing causing a rattle around the clutch, i don't think the bent rear spindle helped either.

Welcome to the Forum btw.

*makes note to let OG's tires down when possible.

Welcome Jakey :D

Thats our Vez's PV you have posted up, it was going the wrong way but I understand that when he earthed the necessary wire on his CDI...***HEY PRESTO***

His engine blew up :blink:

hahahaha well that made me laugh and made my day haha :lol:

Its hard to tell from the pics what you have done.

Have you cut the black/green wire from the connector block?

What would be best is a picture of the original block with the 4 wires and where/how you have run too with the new wires.

UPDATE: i get fed up of eathing to diffrent things so i just earthed it to the battery and it still went the rong way.......????

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Don't know what to tell ya fella, works on mine with the loop of wire.

Maybe earth it from the CDI or at least check there is a circuit to it from the cdi and the black/green wire isn't faulty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online