mmm..... Had a crash

pilninggas
This post is 5036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought i'd let you lot know, was having a bimble on thursday evening. Was in the middle of a three lane roundabout doing maybe 25mph, when a car changed it's mind about taking and exit and turned from lane 1 to lane 3 and across my path. Coudln't avoid it and hit the side of it. Head-butted the car and went to ground. I think the XJ6 is a write-off (which i'm gutted about as it seemed the perfect all-round machine)

Now very bored at home with a stiff neck - went to hospital yesterday, but they just said it's gonna be painful and to rest.

The Alps trip and Squires Cafe was a real high, but this a low, fortunately my friends have been helpful and i always tend to keep a bottle of teachers in the house (seems the most appropriate brand!). God TV is boring.

Merv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

shit merv sorry to hear whats happened but glad your okay,hope you get better soon and the insurance sort you out bloody car drivers!

Kin Ell mate ! !, never mind the bike glad your still in one piece Merv :o , hope the drongo stopped to assist and give details etc, your gonna be driven up the wall with boredom alright-I've got lots of old jig saws and wordsearch books(some aren't completed) I could send those down to you ? :huh:

howdy merv, it,s amazing you do all those bloody miles ,then a short one gets you,glad to hear its just a stiffy you have and nothing long lasting,may be you could kill some of that time on rebuilding a new stead.or just keeping in touch with us lot will pass the time until your back on the road.-------- PS nothing to do with this post i know,but what camera do you use:huh:

They always say the accidents are most likely within 10 miles from home. Shitty way to prove a theory Mervin.

Glad to hear your ok apart fom a stiffy :blink: neck. Is the bike a proper write off or is it just according to the insurance bods. You have some history with it now shame to part like this.

God knows how i'd replace the angry wasp :huh:

Keep your chin up, :D

Fk ell Merv " WHAT A DOWNER " you looked so confident on that bike , get well soon mate ,,, What bike is on agenda ??????????

That is shit news Merv,,,, Glad your ok

Get well soon mate,,,,,,get yourself one of them we sleeping pillow's that they use on the flights, it will help your neck rest when your sittin arround.

Keep your chin up,,,,,,ya be back to yourself in no time.

thanks for the replies, just had a mate her for a while, which was good.

My guess is the bike is a write off as around £2000 of parts are knackered (most of the nearside of the bike). The fella did stop, it shook him up more than me.

Blackhat- thanks for the offer, no need to worry, i'll probably go back to work on monday.

up.yours - not sure what you mean about cameras?

geez, what a bummer :angry:

don't forget that whiplash injury will affect you for the rest of your life. don't forget SMIDSY ;)

then you can hit him back where it hurts

glad your not too bad mate, try a chiroprctic, i had an accident in '92 and it came back to haunt me 10 years later, big style the chiropratic sorted it in a month

+1 on the chiropractor. As a sufferer of Lorydriveritus as she puts it (sat badly for hours on end in the same position) i have been going for nigh on 8 years now every 4 months.

Even if you think you are ok you would be amazed at what they do. Back ache neck ache, not for years.

Really sorry to be reading this Merv, I'm glad your ok and I wouldnt rush back to work mate, well not on Monday unless by some miracle you really are better, anyway whiplash will surely keep you off a while :rolleyes: you just watch...the guy in the car claiming for whiplash, get well soon mate and we'll be seeing a bit more of you one here maybe.

i was looking at your alps treck photos and wondered what camera you used,oh and are you any better keeping on this post.

i was looking at your alps treck photos and wondered what camera you used,oh and are you any better keeping on this post.

yeah, i'm feeling ok, what i need is the sound of a screaming 350LC to make my spine tingle (not at 230am though!) :lol:

The camera i used is a borrowed one and it has no brand on it! all i know is that is 3.3 MPixel (useless info, sorry). It might be Hewlett Packard?!?

How ya gettin on with the sore neck Merv.

Whats the story on the bike.

Merv

sorry to hear about this mate, get well soon

i must find your alp trip pics and look at

nowt like the sound of a 2 stroke having it,s neck wrung to get the juices flowing

i love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning

take care

Merv

How ya gettin on with the sore neck Merv.

Whats the story on the bike.

I'm still slightly sore, but okay - got tons of ambulance chasers phoning me. Also haven't had the bike collected yet. They reckon mid-next week. It's my fault really - not the accident, my lack of convenience for collection due to my domestic situation.

Been a tough week, went back to work and had an internal 'ofsted' inspection, trying to teach maths (i'm a technology teacher) for the first time, to a difficult class with a sore body is no fun!

btw i hope you've recovered from your marathon DT journey! (top man)

Sorry to hear about the wreck, Merv. I was wondering what kind of car you hit, or rather hit you?

the car was a late 90s megane scenic - load of banger junk!

Merv

sorry to hear about this mate, get well soon

i must find your alp trip pics and look at

nowt like the sound of a 2 stroke having it,s neck wrung to get the juices flowing

i love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning

take care

Merv

funny thing was the day before i got hit off, i nearly booke the ferry for a half-term trip to spain, glad i didn't bother!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online