78 XS400 Ignition Switch?

Karranir
This post is 4984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I figured this would get a lot more views by the appropriate people here rather then the wanted forum.

I am in desperate need for a working ignition switch for a 1978 XS400E for less then the 190 Bikebandit wants for a new one. If anyone has any ideas, or a (confirmed) working part laying around, please let me know! (Or any ideas on other years that would be compatible?)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know about compatibility or anything like that, but the starter switch isn't that complicated of a part it would seem. Just what is called a momentary button, one that is 'on' while pressed and held, and 'off' while released. You should be able to pick out just about any button and wire it in place...I would investigate a bit further and see if this is the truth first, and if so, see what you can fabricate up...a standard button at radio shack is only a couple bucks, then add on a new cover, solder up the right points on it, and away you go.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online