2005 R1

JohnR6
This post is 6667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alot of people actually don't like the underseat exhausts, they think it's more a fasion thing more than anything, but I'm not too bothered. With the 2005 not having the underseat exhaust (like the R1) it just means that when I get a 03-04 R6 next year, it'll still look new and not dated. :lol:

Yeah, the underseat exhausts are meant to give more centralisation and better balance and less air resistance etc........But lets face it, are you really going to go that fast on the public road to take advantage of it!? :lol: But they do look nice IMAO. :D

As far as road bikes are concerned, the underseat exhausts are probably a fasion accessory. :wink:

Sooner or later, if most bikes have underseat exhaust, people will start wanting the side exhausts again......never ending cycle really. :lol:

Take it from someone who knows. Underseat pipes are a must have. They keep your bum warm in winter! :lol:

LOL! :lol: Does you bum get over heated in the summer?! :D

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) I think side exhausts are a little bit lighter than underseat ones, that's probably why Yamaha and the likes of Suzuki have chose to stick with the side exhaust for their 600s to keep the weight down.

I think next years 600 shotout is going to be close, but the 2005 ZX-6R 636 is going to be the bike to beat. The R6, Gixxer 600 and CBR600RR should all be fairly close. :D

Take it from someone who knows. Underseat pipes are a must have. They keep your bum warm in winter! :lol:

you cant beat a "HOT" ass :lol: 8) :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

no offence to any 1 as im only 16, so i may take sum stick for this, but i personaly think that no 1 could ever take advantage of an r1 to its full capabilty, unless ur on a runway or summit as on a road like streets etc, it wouldnt be safe at wat its full capable of, as we all no its a damn nice looking bike and its got that damn amount of power to bak it self up with.

no offence to any 1 as im only 16, so i may take sum stick for this, but i personaly think that no 1 could ever take advantage of an r1 to its full capabilty, unless ur on a runway or summit as on a road like streets etc, it wouldnt be safe at wat its full capable of, as we all no its a damn nice looking bike and its got that damn amount of power to bak it self up with.

Sometimes somethings need to be had wether you use them properly or not. You just have to have them because you can