Ape Hangers

christofeser
This post is 5007 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Which begs the question - why don't you build customs for a living!!!!!!

haha, this is a dream of mine :) make a living from buying, doing up/customising, and selling them on.

Anyway, I'll have to think - I'm very short on cash right now. I've probably got £150 though... will it really have that wow factor dyu recon???!!

If so, it would be good to mount round the original rear fender - I really don't want to do too much chopping! haha.

I'm off to Ireland now till Monday, so start planning it. It's probably got the OK :)

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

B) lol i have considered it and "paul white customs" has a nice ring to it lol

as to the wow factor it all depends on the person! but it will definitely be different and "custom"

if we were going to go ahead with it then id need you to send me your rear fender with everything but number plate and id need the cash upfront to go and get the bits. so if your still interested give me a bell when you get back, meanwhile il draw some pictures up then we can go through the design . B)

id love to open a custom shop but its a little on the pricey side for my wallet (got no dosh to start it up)lol oh and dont think ul b able to reach me on that number, the wifes puppy decided my phone would make a nice toilet. <_< but if you pm me i can give you a different number till i buy a new phone next week. B)

Which begs the question - why don't you build customs for a living!!!!!!

want to know something funny? the misses is pregnant with our 3rd child (its a boy) and we are calling him Paul Junior....... B)

PM sent buddy.

I'm now also contemplating fitting some Z bars, because I (hopefully) wont have to extend cables to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150483668056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

something like that, which are cheap and I could polish up and would look sweeeeeet (I think)

What dya think?

thats allot of polishing but nice bars! id suggest getting a wire brush attachment for a power drill and attack it with that to get most of the rust off, then some wet/dry sandpaper, start with a high grit then get smaller grit on it, then finish with some finishing paper to get rid of the scratches then autosol to bring the sparkle back....... either that or paint them black! :D but yeah nice bars and should go on ok!

You don't think I'd need to do too much cable extending???????

And yeah - bought the wire brush attachment a while back. Best thing I ever bought!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online