BS34 carbs?

10K plus
This post is 5014 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well my bike is coming along very well but am running into problems finding replacement Carb Kits online. I found a kit for a 1981 XS850 that looks the same except for different jet numbers. Has anyone on here tried it and does it work? thanks - Mike

PS - Before anyone suggests it I have dealt with Partsnmore and MikesXS with very poor results. That is the reason why I am looking elsewhere. Thx.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well my bike is coming along very well but am running into problems finding replacement Carb Kits online. I found a kit for a 1981 XS850 that looks the same except for different jet numbers. Has anyone on here tried it and does it work? thanks - Mike

PS - Before anyone suggests it I have dealt with Partsnmore and MikesXS with very poor results. That is the reason why I am looking elsewhere. Thx.

You won't find a complete kit for your bike. You may find a kit that comes with the wrong jets, but that kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

I rebuilt mine with parts from a few different sources, but my jets came from mikesXS.

What parts are you looking for exactly? Bowl gasket, needle/seat, o-rings, jets, all of the above?

Also... what happened with MikesXS when you tried there?