Good Buy?

bmwhacker
This post is 5057 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Umm if it is a good as you say at $500 i would grab it quick, if it was here in the uk at that price i would be heading to get it now if i had been offered it, at about 200mph

Umm if it is a good as you say at $500 i would grab it quick, if it was here in the uk at that price i would be heading to get it now if i had been offered it, at about 200mph

Owner says there is not even a scratch on it...Clear Title, everything works as it should...I'm currently in the wilds of Montana and my old Beemers do not like the gravel roads too well.....now if I can convince my wife into me buying just "one" more motorcycle....

• 2 weeks later...

Went to view the bike and was not disappointed. Ended up hauling it home. The tool kit appears to never have been removed from its' hiding place...everything original down to the cable ties on the handlebars. No lay-down damage, but the paint is a bit rough on the rear fender and some brush scratches on the sidecovers. Appears that the bike has never been washed in its' lifetime. I took a couple of layers off and she looks pretty good. Rear sprocket & wheel have a layer of ancient chain lube. The nylon chain rubbing block shows zero wear. I've put a few miles on it and it runs like a 2400 mile bike should. Starts religeously on 1st. / 2nd. kick....looks like a keeper. Just needs some more detailing & cleaning.

Square+Butte+017.JPG

Square+Butte+015.JPG

• 1 month later...