Yamaha SR125 Crush Washer

Dzsini
This post is 5176 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! I bought a Yamaha SR125, and it was standing for a long time so I decided to change the oil. Can someone please tell me what is the size of the crush washer. I don`t want to drain it and leave it like that till I can find the right one. Thanks for the help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I dont think mine had a washer can't remember ? but if so you can always drain the oil & mormaly reuse washer a few times & take note of it for next time .

not sure about the crush washer but you should b able to re-use it if not check out wemoto they have a big parts list so might b lucky.

and i hope your doing a little more than just changing the oil if its been stood a while, youl probably need to either clean or replace the oil and air filter, get new spark plugs, and might need a new battery, then you will have a better chance of getting it started up 1st time B)

Thanks for the reply guys. I think the spark plug is changed I`m not sure about the battery, but anyway It starts up for the first push on the button. Yeah I`ll clean the parts mentioned I`m not sure how exactly but I got a manual in my hands so I think I can do it :D It`s like LEGO for adults :D

I got a manual in my hands so I think I can do it :D It`s like LEGO for adults :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice one.

:lol: :lol:

Thats the Kinkiest logo set i ever saw !!!

lmfao :D:lol::lol::lol::D but yeah (cough) you can clean the air filter in warm soapy water then dry it out for a couple of days then soak it in somethin .....think its either oil or fuel... :blink::blink::blink: im not sure on that one lol but ur probably better off buying a new oil filter. if it starts 1st time then ur battery should b fine so good luck m8

Hmm I found the oil filter in the manual looks OK, but I`m confused with the air filter. At this link My link the air filter is round, but in the manual its drawn like a flat thing like a srceen. :blink: Edit: Maybe it has something to do with the year my little one is a 2002 one.

Ignore that air filter link it is not what you want , the air filter is just a square sponge type you'll find it behind one of the side pannels if its ok & no holes or damage just wash out with petrol/ white spirit or similar let dry soak in fresh oil & squeeze out the excess to leave damp the air filters if you need one are £6 on ebay that you will prob have to cut to size .

Check the plug isn't soaked prob will be after turning over dry refit & try without choke out, w hen you cleaned air filter did you squeeze the excess oil out to leave just damp ? if its dripping with oil it will restrict the air intake .... R

I used little amount of oil, and squeezed well. When I push the starter it makes a weird noise but nothing happens. We pushed in the bike went well after stoping tried to warm up a little more just pulling the gas but stoped sudenly.

Take a deap breath & start a fresh

Charge battery, check terminals are clean & tight ,if its low it will not run properly or turn the engine over fast enough to start.

clean & gap plug or better still renew it & gap the new one , plugs are too cheap to skimp this.

spray plug cap & lead/coil & starter motor ect with wd40.

if it turns over ok but still wont start after a few tries, dont drain the battery take the plug out & check for a good spark out of the motor, rest the plug nose against the cylinder head you should get fat blue sparks & while plug is out see if you are getting fuel to the plug by putting finger in the plug hole & turn over .this will also give you a rough idea of the compression status .

EDIT.. take care when checking for spark I normaly just hold suppressor cap but if your not used to being zapped use some thing to insulate you , rubber gloves to hold by the cap or insulated grips to hold plug on the hexagonal part of plug.

Thanks for the advice, I have to purchase some tools like the battery charger, and the plug remover. Zapped myself few times playing with electricity when I was a kid so I think I`m used to it :D

Edit: Can you tell me please which size of plug removal do I need, found some but not sure about the size.

Noooooooh :icon_frown: this is not toy electricity & can realy hurt or worse its not just 12volt dc its like old bills tazer so be careful

& use something between you & the plug,The plug spanner/socket is 18mm ok. R

Good news she is starting up fine. Charged the battery before everything else and looks like solved the problem. Later on I can replace the spark plug just to be sure, got a new one only need a wrench for it. Changed the oil as well, she has a much nicer sound now. Only one problems remains for now, the neutral rpm is to low, she just stops if you leave the engine runing by itself. Where can I adjust that?

Thank you^^

On the side of the carb is the idle adjust screw start engine & give it a litle gas you dont have to rev its nuts off hold the throttle open a little turn the screw in 1 turn should do , then release the throttle & let it settle if its running too fast back it out a little at a time letting it settle each time you turn it until you get it how you want .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online