FZ1 Advice

Wigster
This post is 5053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've just bought a second hand FZ1N from one of my local dealers, at what seemed like a very good price of £4,600.

It's on 07 plate, with 10K on the clock. A new pair of tyres, and looks in overall good nick.

However, there's no service history with it, and when I got it home and looked at the log book, the (only) previous owner was one of these insurance type companies that give you a loaner while your bike is getting repaired following an accident.

My first thought was it was going to go straight back, but then I started thinking about it. It was cheap (the closest any of the other dealers in the area got was £1,000 more). 10,000 miles in three years still isn't a lot. It goes like stink, and doesn't seem to have any nasty rattles. It would be hard for someone to thrash one of these to death, without being killed in the process, and it's probably been given a good check over every time it's been loaned out.

So, who thinks I should shove it up the dealer's ar$e, and who thinks I should use that £1K saving to buy loads of trick goodies for it!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, I'm sorry, but I have to say that's a pretty disappointing response to my first post. Did I put it in the wrong place or something?