ypvs ignition

charlie1
This post is 5192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went out on my 1989 350ypvs F2 about 2 weeks ago ran like a dream.Went to start it 2 days ago won't start.It's getting fuel,and a spark although it may be a little weak.I have tried the method described in the haynes manual for checking the coil,but get no meter reading between the HT lead and the live side of the coil or between the HT and the earth side.Does this mean the coil is no good?If so where can i get one i have looked on ebay, none.Can anyone help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks mervin i had a look at what he has to sell,maybe he has what i need,iv'e emailed him through ebay,don't suppose i will get a reply until Monday

The LC and YPVS ignition system uses a wasted spark system where both spark plugs fire at the same time. To check the coil unplug the two wire orange and black wires multiplug that goes to the coil and check the resisistance between the orange and black wire of the coil.You should have 0.33ohms +or-10%. Now unscrew the plug caps from the HT leads and set the meter to kilo ohms. Insert one probe into the end of one ht lead and the other probe into the other ht lead.You should have 3.5kilo ohms +or-20%. Hope this helps .Tony

The LC and YPVS ignition system uses a wasted spark system where both spark plugs fire at the same time. To check the coil unplug the two wire orange and black wires multiplug that goes to the coil and check the resisistance between the orange and black wire of the coil.You should have 0.33ohms +or-10%. Now unscrew the plug caps from the HT leads and set the meter to kilo ohms. Insert one probe into the end of one ht lead and the other probe into the other ht lead.You should have 3.5kilo ohms +or-20%. Hope this helps .Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online