Carb Security

discobandit
This post is 5054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Carbs coming away from the boots thus letting in air.

I can't tighten the sercuring ring any tighter as this distorts to boot creating the same problem.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Carbs coming away from the boots thus letting in air.

I can't tighten the sercuring ring any tighter as this distorts to boot creating the same problem.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

Gary

Huh? If the boot is on the carb stub properly then tightening the clip squeezes the rubber against the metal of the carb creating a nice tight seal (as the walrus said!). If it's distorting then the rubber can't be far enough on .... or am I missing something?

Huh? If the boot is on the carb stub properly then tightening the clip squeezes the rubber against the metal of the carb creating a nice tight seal (as the walrus said!). If it's distorting then the rubber can't be far enough on .... or am I missing something?

Checked today and the carb is seated correctly but doesn't feel snug. I'm now wondering if I've got the right boots??

I renewed them during a rebuild as the old ones were perished but trying to get spares is abit of a mare:-(

measure the hole in the boot and the bottom of your carb to see if they match, there shouldnt be anymore than 1mm difference between them. if there is then you have the wrong boot.

have you tried getting a small thick elastic band and put that on the carb then try to slot the whole thing back into the boot? the elastic band needs to be a tight fit otherwise if it gets dislodged it will get sucked up by the engine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online