Headlight Lense MELTED....

gbabcock69
This post is 5194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2006 XV19s (The big Stratoliner) and at the base of the headlight lense where the High beam shines through, the plastic lense has melted and sunk inward. I suppose this happened due to the heat of the high beam shining through the PLASTIC lense.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem????

I hate to go out and buy another PLASTIC lense for about $240 BUCKS just to have it do it again.....

Any Ideas????

It sure would be nice if someone made a GLASS lense for these headlights.

Regards to all

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you fitted a bigger headlamp bulb???

if sothis could explain why it has melted cos the bigger the bulb the more heat it puts out, I would go too a dealer and if they are good they will tell you if others have had a problem, if so fire a few mails off to yamaha themselves and see what hey say

merv

Have you fitted a bigger headlamp bulb???

if sothis could explain why it has melted cos the bigger the bulb the more heat it puts out, I would go too a dealer and if they are good they will tell you if others have had a problem, if so fire a few mails off to yamaha themselves and see what hey say

merv

NOPE ! This is the STOCK bulbs...........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online