MY Trusty Friend

2 Wheels
This post is 5197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my best Friend.

Given to me when he was just 6weeks old, I carried him home and put him down at the corner of the house where he stayed for 2days shivering with fear.

16 years went by where he seldom left my side almost every day.

Everyone that met him grew to like him as he was a real character.

Sadly a few days ago he passed away. I miss him very much.

I hope he rests easy and is gone to a nice place.

If you are a dog lover then you will understand this post. Why did I post him on here.........I dont know, I guess sharing is careing.

_MG_7393.jpg

As this is a motorbike forum, ill try to give him some status.

He had a one hearted, big chested, air and water-cooled engine

He had 4 paw traction-control

His top speed was 25mph

His bhp was excelent stopping from top speed in just a few feet

His throttle responce was excelent reaching top speed in seconds

That was in his youth, in his older days he was reduced to walking pace.

Sleep well my Friend.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Jees thats sad Pat, sorry to hear about your old pal, I was brought up by with dogs, we had 5 in the house when I still stayed with the 'owl yins', it breaks your heart when they pass on as I'm sure many forum members will know, keep yer chin up big yin ! :mellow:

Bad news, you have my sympathies our pets very much become part of the family in every sense.

We lost one of our cats in January. Had her from a kitten and she died at 13, its brought a tear to my eye even now as i write this.

My mum lost hers about the same time, but Jess was like ours as well, so I can know what its like.

She was a rescue dog and still miss her

just remember the good times and the little/daft things they did that made you smile!

Pat I know exactly how you feel i've been there several times before myself. Above all other pets a dog is loyal brave and trusting, a border collie is indeed one of the more intelligent dogs anyone could share their life with. Try to remember the best times you had together instead of feeling down.

sorry to hear about that Pat, i miss all our old dogs we had as kids especially my constant companion when i was at home a littlejack russel called bimbo

he lived to be 16 and right up too the end when i went too visit mum and dad he looked at me as if too say are i going to get a walk with you this time, and numerous others we had , and my old cats that are now buried in gardens around devon. remember the good times, it is good too share your grief

Merv

Sorry to hear that Pat.  

I'm sure he was as lucky to have you, as you were to have him as a friend.

Remember the good times. 

My sympathies are with you.

Vez

Guys, you have all been very kind, for which I thank you all.

It is good to know that I am not alone in the loss of our loved pets.

Your comments have lifted a weight from me.

I guess I will always miss my dog and remember him in so many ways.

Thanks for the help and understanding.

You see......Bikers are by far the most friendly people arround.

You see......Bikers are by far the most friendly people arround.

True pat very true" i"v got cat & dog, great company, get another you"l soon get over the loss,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online