Any one in North Hampsire

Mossy
This post is 5061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is there any one in nothh Hampshire who would let me come and listen to there engine?

Mines done 650 miles now and I am getting a considderable knock from the back cylinder at crusing speeds.

I thought that the valve clearences would be adjusted at the first service but I dont think it was done as I cant see any evidance of the rocker cover being removed. I'd like to compair rattles..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is there any one in nothh Hampshire who would let me come and listen to there engine?

Mines done 650 miles now and I am getting a considderable knock from the back cylinder at crusing speeds.

I thought that the valve clearences would be adjusted at the first service but I dont think it was done as I cant see any evidance of the rocker cover being removed. I'd like to compair rattles..

sorry mate, i'm up in nottingham...but if your ever passing.

mine's done 3000m...no 'knock'...some valve train noise thats to be expected but not a knock, as for a dealer doing the valves on first service, NO chance. if your's had done a lot more miles i might suggest it's carbon build up but that sounds unlikely given your tender mileage, all you can do is take it back to the dealer

I'm up in W. Yorks - guess Nottingham is closer...

I've done just over 2,500miles no knocking, but have developed a squeal/rumble/grinding noise on deceleration/gearing down. Only happens when the bike's warmed up (after about 30mins or so). Stops when pull clutch in, starts when clutch out. Going to give the belt a good clean + if that doesn't help I'll have the dealer look at it next week when they service it.

If the bike's new I'd have the dealer take a look as it should be covered by warranty?

(Do we get 1 or 2 year warranty on these things?)

Good luck

Graham

I got 2 years warrenty from new with mine (it was x demo so some has gone).

I have read a thread somewhere regarding clutch noise, there is a mod/fix for it. something to do with an updated part from a newer model? If I find it I'll post a link.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online