FS1 Clutch problem

malkyb
This post is 5204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just repaired a cylinder stud on my sons FS1 (1989) had the right hand side cover off but did not touch the clutch, which was working fine before the repair, however now the engine is running again fine, but the clutch is almost non exsistant. I also had the left cover off to clean up the engine and when putting it back to gether i noticed a small spring attached 2 the inside of the cover, I left the cable in place when i removed the cover and assumed this spring must connect somewhere on the crank side. There is alread a small spring the same size attached to the clutch cable mechanism. I could not find any obvious attachment point for the surplus spring so i attached it to the same place as the existing spring on the clutch mechanism. Does anyone know if there should be two small springs attaching the the cable or one spring attaching to the crankcase

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

did you take the pushrod out for any reason?? if so i reckon you have lost /omitted to put back the ball bearing between the rods,

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online