Favourite Road

Beezkneez
This post is 7158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

as title, where is your favourite stretch of road, mines the A696 Hartside pass..top class route :twisted:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A4059

Heads over the Brecon Beacons. Not that long or particularly fast (although that may be cos of my bike :oops: ) but it takes some precision riding and has very little traffic

Larch Mt. Road out of Corbett, OR.......the viewpoint @ the top of this 14 mile stretch of Tarmac, is absolutely stunning!.........can see 5 different Mountains that all are over 9,000ft tall 8)

Can't ride em yet, but aren't motorways boring? just endless stretches of straight road :?

They are thats true. but I like it because it's taking me home :D

I havn't really got a favourite piece of road, I just like nice smooth grippy surfaces with loads of bends and a cafe at the end of it.

Preferably without any other vehicles on it :D OR SHEEP !! :shock:

They are thats true. but I like it because it's taking me home :D

I havn't really got a favourite piece of road, I just like nice smooth grippy surfaces with loads of bends and a cafe at the end of it.

Preferably without any other vehicles on it :D OR SHEEP !! :shock:

Yeah, the sheep can be a bit of a problem over the Beacons, but I've learnt to cope :? :?:

Well...they haven't caused me to crash yet...

That 400 miles you've done must have been a steep learning curve then. :roll:

460 :oops:

Most of the miles were spent on the Beacons, And you know what those SHEEP are like :roll:

Yep good road, did it twice over the bank holiday weekend. But it's a dangerous one, I think it's best to take it very easy the first time, that road takes no prisoners.

oh yes it's a classic 8) plenty of knee scraping to be done..just got to watch out for the rozzers :x

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fazer6 where've ya been, good to see ya back. :wink:

Cool lookin Fazer you have there, i'm gonna try and get up for the Saturday if i can get the day off :roll: , hope to see you there :wink:

Beezkneez if you're around Hartside next weekend look out for the foccers http://p196.ezboard.com/ffazerownersfrm4.s...icID=1577.topic there's a fazer weekend planned. I'm just up for the day with the other NW foccers so keep an eye out for this lovely looking bike

I most certainly will :wink: i'm sure i'm off on the saturday so i'll try to make a definate trip up there 8)

Just realised I had a bit of a blonde moment and it's actually next weekend we're going up to Hartside not this weekend. I get easily confused and for some reason thought it was this weekend. This sunday it looks like us NW foccers are going to Wales.

The NW posse are coming to mine for bacon butties and then aiming to arrive at the hartside cafe for 10. It'll be up and down up and down all day.

Bazz I've basically been out a fair bit on the bike, done a couple of midweekers, and a weekend trip out most weekends, oh and a weekend away in the Forest of Dean. It's all good.

My bike's a beauty isn't she. It's easy to find my bike in a carpark, just look for the crash bars and slightly curled round levers. Oh and I'll be the youngest looking female in the group of the fazers. One of our guys has a tuono (and is featured in Ride magazine) so look for fazers and the tractor!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online