XJ 900 S fork oil replacement

hp10a10
This post is 5093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I am newbie here so I hope this post goes to right place.

I am going to change fork oils and I am wondering how much oil I have to put per each tube and what would be the best viscosity of fork oil in this case?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The XJ900 models are specified to use a 5W fork oil ... though it is good to understand that the primary purpose of fork oil is not for lubrication (though it does achieve this) the primary purpose is hydraulic dampening ... though you are specified to use five if you have some mileage on the bike ... and therefore some wear on the forks ... you may wish to use ten weight to make up for this ... either way make sure your seals are good and puchase the highest quality fork oil you can find ... a few good places to shop are ... ... ... and for certain items ... ... they are UK based however thier inventory is excellent. Regarding capacity the only one I remember for is the 83 and its capacity is 286 cc ... though I would not work on the bike without a 'HAYNES" service manual which shall tell you all you need to know regarding your current inquiry ... Karen

Hi all,

I am newbie here so I hope this post goes to right place.

I am going to change fork oils and I am wondering how much oil I have to put per each tube and what would be the best viscosity of fork oil in this case?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online