Wurth Dry Chain Lube!

Pete
This post is 7185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Last year MCN did exhaustive tests on all the chain lubes and the clear winner (by a country mile) was the Wurth Dry Chain Lube.

It was found to have excellent lubrication qualities and very fling resistant.

So I gave it a try.

Cleaned up the chain and sprayed it all over, which is quite difficult cos there's no trace of where you just sprayed cos it's completely clear and dries instantly. Very odd.

Anyway, I drenched the bloody thing in Wurth, rode it about 10 miles, and when I got back I couldn't find any fling.

Have to test it a bit more when I get the Bandit, but from what I've seen so far, I reckon you guys should check it out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wurth by name, and worth the money!

It's not the cheapest around by a long shot, but in dry conditions you won't find anything better :wink:

Watch it in the wet though, you'll find that the chain gets noisy very quickly and you have to re-apply it more often than most other lubes! :?

Sounds like those pricey SplitFire plugs.......@ least $6.50 per plug :shock: .......They sure make the XJ run good though :wink:

Well I've lubed the XT with it...now I just have to wait for a sunny day to drop it off to the dealers 90 miles away...with the wife following in the car.

Then reverse the process on the 1st September when I pick up the Bandit.

So it'll be a while before I can evaluate it properly.

But I can't get my head round the concept of the chain being dry.

Looked at it today and it looks like it hasn't been lubed.

Years of looking at runny chains I suppose! :roll:

You'll soon get used to it Pete and you wont regret it! I used it on the Divvy600 and i use it now on the Fazer, it's worth every penny!

So long as your chain is tensioned correctly dont worry, you'll FEEL it and HEAR it.

When it need a relubing it feels and sounds dry, kinda hard to explain. :?

I do mine every 2-300 miles regardless and more often in the wet, keep on top of it and you'll be surprised how much longer you get out of the chain and sprockets :D

So long as your chain is tensioned correctly dont worry, you'll FEEL it and HEAR it.

When it need a relubing it feels and sounds dry, kinda hard to explain. :?  

Strange thing this :? You are right. You can FEEL when a chain needs lubing, just as you get a feel for when it needs adjusting.

I rode 90 miles today to drop off the XT at the dealer.

Checked the back end when I got there....and NO fling whatsoever! :shock:

I'm gobsmacked.

This is the product I've been waiting all my life for! 8)

I rode 90 miles today to drop off the XT at the dealer.

Checked the back end when I got there....and NO fling whatsoever!  :shock:

That stuff sounds like THEE ticket for chain lubing 8)