yamaha xs500b oil filter

lewyjay
This post is 5098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looking for p/n for oil filter and where to buy. need service manual and if anyone knows, how do you adjust the balancer chain, mine's kinda noisey in that department.

lew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can access the parts list thru the Yamaha website. it shows oil filter part # as: 371-13440-09-00. SSpeed and Sport Yamaha (see their website) has after market versions for around $17 plus shipping. They are a bit shorter then the originals. I've bought one but haven't used it yeat. Check eBay for NOS ones...someone has had them on there for around $45 for 3 filters. Also, someone posted a note here a few weeks ago that they found a cross reference to a Yamaha boat motor filter, but didn't know if they were same filter or not.

Factory service manuals in paper or CD form can be found on eBay.

As far as the balance chain adjustment...beter get that service manual first. I have one on CD (which, in my opinion, is a pain to use), but it's not very clear on how to adjust the chain and what is correct adjustment. basically, there are two idle sprockets. The lower one is on an eccentric shaft. Somehow you turn this shaft to tighten the balancer chain. But to get to it and do so you may need to remove the generator rotor and maybe the starter chain! maybe someone else here who knows will respond. Or you may just have to take the left side cover off and figure it out from there, with help from the manual. I want to check mine one of these days.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online