dt125r carb question ! Please Help !

This post is 5101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i have a dt125r 2001.

i was advised to clean the carb so i have.

i have put the carb back in the bike but as soon as the petrol tap is turned on petrol pours out the overflow ?

also when the bike is kicked over it sounds like its on full throttle ?

someone said that the slide is stuck but when the throttle is twisted it sounds like the slide is going up and down ?

have i put the slide in round the wrong way ?

as for pipes, i have 1 pipe from the petrol tap, and 2 pipes going to the head of the engine that strangly seem to be coolant pipes ???

Please Help, i need the bike back running and need to get going on it tomorrow so all the help is gratefully received !

Thanks

2stroke ray.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

souds like the float heights have been moved or the jet is not closing properly.

the float has a small metal tab on it and this closes the inlet valve.

take the carb back off and remove the float bowl.

take the float out and the jet that is attachet to it and check there is nothing blocking the hole.

replace the float and check the height by measuring the height that they sit above the carb when it is turned upside-down.

the height is adjusted by carefully bending the small metal tad holding the jet. i dont know the height they have to be set at but look up the haynes manual or google it. this height has got to be accurate.

good luck ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online