xvs 125 (bobber) project

Paulwhite
This post is 4881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Paul,

Did you have any luck finding any whitewall tyres for the xvs?

to b honest i havent been looking m8, iv been too busy making fenders and the seat lol but the tiers iv got at the mo are still in good nick (done less than 500 miles on them) so once its all sorted il get on to sourcing the whitewall tiers, if i cant find any then might see what painting them would be like, iv seen some proper tier paint but its 20 quid a tin :blink: iv got to post an update after iv fixed the rear fender (cut a little too much fiberglass off) but its coming along and looks like a totally different bike!

still need to find some 250mm shocks with 16mm eyes :blink: iv got 2 sets of shocks that are too big for the look im wanting. :(

right another update :D

the fender and seat still need to be finished so what ur looking at is just the bare fibreglass, the front looks too high on the photos but its actually the right height :D

the seat springs are pure custom made, i got a spring from an old mini moto front fork choped it in half, welded both springs to the removable bracket that is under the seat, and used the rubber gromets from the bracket to hold the seat to the springs. the seat looks flimsey but is realy strong!!

iv decided to use the rear fender shown on the pics for the front wheel as iv choped too much off the sides and the lines of the bike dont look right :( so im going to re do the rear fender and make it a little wider.

100610_134112.jpg

100610_134052.jpg

100610_134029.jpg

Looks like you've done your work on this mate.

One question - with regards to the rear shocks you were looking for... why do you need to change them from the originals?? Is it because you want a lower ride right?

I really like the close-fit of the rear fender - and you made the seat as well?!

I think what I'm going to do is keep my xvs125 until I've passed my test on it. Then I might make a bobber out of it, and buy a more powerful bike. In fact, I'm almost certain thats what I'll do. :)

Well done mate!

Chris

Looks like you've done your work on this mate.

One question - with regards to the rear shocks you were looking for... why do you need to change them from the originals?? Is it because you want a lower ride right?

I really like the close-fit of the rear fender - and you made the seat as well?!

I think what I'm going to do is keep my xvs125 until I've passed my test on it. Then I might make a bobber out of it, and buy a more powerful bike. In fact, I'm almost certain thats what I'll do. :)

Well done mate!

Chris

the idea is to lower the seat height (to have it closer to the rear tier) with the original shocks the seat height is above the wheel but with smaller shocks it looks like your sat on the wheel, lowering the ride height it also gives the impression that the forks are larger and raked more so your sat almost tilting back instead of straight.

the rear fender isnt going to be the rear fender cause its too narrow on the wheel so im using it for the front and re-doing the rear fender a bit wider to go with the flow of the bike. and its not on the frame its just sat on the wheel so yeah a little too close lol when i get round to fixing it on im gonna use bottle caps to space it off the wheel .

and i suggest not chopping ur drag to bits until its knackerd or you have another bike. if you do decide to do it (when uv got ur license and another bike) id suggest getting a bigger engine! the one im getting for this is a 125cc 15bhp pitbike engine and is costing me about a grand (only cause its being tuned and has fancy doo dars on it ) but for the same price i could have a 26bhp 160cc oil cooled beast, but since iv only got a provisional (need a car for the misses and kids) i could only get the 125cc to be legal but defiantly something worth thinking about.

looking good - really interested to see the finished bike

well im aiming to have it completed by christmas and on the road in spring next year :D if not sooner just depends on what funds i can scrape up lol

• 10 months later...

i love the red wheels but i agree there should maybe be some thin red striping on the tank or something, tie it all in :)

any chance your floggin the standard exhaust? i am in dire need!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online