Fazer Follies

Ill Named
This post is 5103 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

New here and have a question.

My wife's 86 700 fazer has been acting up this year. It is hard to start, dies out of the blue, and sometimes it dies when you put it in gear from neutral with the clutch disengaged. I am kind of leaning toward it being a fuel pump issue. I also think it might have something to do with the thermistor in the fuel tank because it wont run at all unless the selector switch is in the res setting, but that didn't affect it last year. The battery is also kind of weak, but I wouldn't think that that would have anything to do with the fuel pump once it was running, unless it does and I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't know about the FZX but the FZ750 gives similar problems when the side stand switch becomes faulty. If your Fazer has one you could try bypassing it to see if the cutting out problem stops.

Don't know about the FZX but the FZ750 gives similar problems when the side stand switch becomes faulty. If your Fazer has one you could try bypassing it to see if the cutting out problem stops.

Thanks. Come to think of it, I do remember it continuing to run after I put the kick stand down this year. I will give it a try.