rd 250 carburetor question

jcsumm
This post is 5245 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello -

i recently fired up my 1973 rd 250 and noticed gas leaking out of the bottom of the carburetor. upon closer inspection, there is a nipple located on the bottom front of the float chamber with no tube attached. i have searched and not been able to find any disconnected tubes. my question is: should there be a hose attached here and, if so, to where does it connect?

thanks,

jc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello -

i recently fired up my 1973 rd 250 and noticed gas leaking out of the bottom of the carburetor. upon closer inspection, there is a nipple located on the bottom front of the float chamber with no tube attached. i have searched and not been able to find any disconnected tubes. my question is: should there be a hose attached here and, if so, to where does it connect?

thanks,

jc

Chief,

the 'nipple' is a overflow for the carb. It does'nt connect to anything, but it should have a length of tubing to direct the over-flowing fuel away from the motor. This usually exits behind the engine. Hope this is of some use

Ok the tube is not your gretest problem why is gas leaking out is your problem, well the float is set wrongly ir their is dirt in the float needle/seat area so the gas is still flowing when it should stop, are you familiar with carburettors, if not maybe get a manual and take em off and have a go at cleaning them yourself, oh and for all RD related stuff come and visit us on the aircoooledrdclub site

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online