Cleaning Bike Parts the modern way!

AndyDtr08
This post is 5256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, so its's a bit of a random thing to post, granted. But it made me think and i was just wondering if anyone else has ever tried this.

I follow a blog called Hotukdeals and one of the deals on there today is an "Ultrasonic Cleaner" which is 14.99 from amazon.

I was reading through the comments and one guy said he uses them to clean carb's. Obviously you'd have to be careful what you used in it but might be worth a shot. I get my bonus later this month from work and im pretty sure the idea of the bonus is to blow it as soon as you can on random things :P so i might give it a go.

The Ultrasonic Cleaner is normally used to clean things like jewellery, CDs etc. from what i can work out, you put in the item and some cleaner ( fairy liquid etc, but could use petrol or muc off or parafin i guess) and it vibrates the dirt off the surface. Might be good for cleaning small parts you cant get inside.

Dno, just a thought :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, so its's a bit of a random thing to post, granted. But it made me think and i was just wondering if anyone else has ever tried this.

I follow a blog called Hotukdeals and one of the deals on there today is an "Ultrasonic Cleaner" which is 14.99 from amazon.

I was reading through the comments and one guy said he uses them to clean carb's. Obviously you'd have to be careful what you used in it but might be worth a shot. I get my bonus later this month from work and im pretty sure the idea of the bonus is to blow it as soon as you can on random things :P so i might give it a go.

The Ultrasonic Cleaner is normally used to clean things like jewellery, CDs etc. from what i can work out, you put in the item and some cleaner ( fairy liquid etc, but could use petrol or muc off or parafin i guess) and it vibrates the dirt off the surface. Might be good for cleaning small parts you cant get inside.

Dno, just a thought :P

I bought one from maplins last year it not very big but you can get a single carb in , but you need to totally strip the carbs down, i have an old 2 stoke kawasaki kh400 triple , the carbs look pretty clean , but it still managed to get some really tiny particules that carb cleaner would not have shifted

i cant remember were i saw it,maybe you tube or i googled it, but i saw one that removes rust and other muck, but the container was the same size as a bucket,it was also home made for a few coppers. try rust removal electrosis,or somthing you may hit on it.

my cloeaner is the same as THIS one

this is decent cleaner £4500 worth that dave bought to replace the one i bought off him, he sold this recently to get summat bigger

a2fc_1-1.jpg?t=1271746905

if you are in the south east or anywhere for that matter and want summat cleaned go to Dave tell him Merv sent ya, you will get some free verbal abuse thrown in with the vapourblasting etc i am sure TSR VAPOUR BLASTING

i cant remember were i saw it,maybe you tube or i googled it, but i saw one that removes rust and other muck, but the container was the same size as a bucket,it was also home made for a few coppers. try rust removal electrosis,or somthing you may hit on it.

done that,its soda crystals with an annode of stainless steel. you hook up a car battery charger and depending how immersed the annode is the more current flows.

the part is either made positive or neg, (can't remember which)

cleans off the rust really good

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online