Crank case gasket (SR250)

Khunangkaro
This post is 5129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Did the clutch a year and few thousand Km ago. There was some dripping of oil after repair, but most came from seals on left side. Replaced except the highest one on the main axle behind the flywheel a few months ago when I had to repair the starter motor. Because its sprocket drops into the right crank case, I took this off and put all back with a thin paper gasket (self made) and liquid bond only on outside. I knew it might not seal, but this repair was 1200 Km away from home where I thought to have a good thicker blue gasket extra made in Bangkok the year before. The man who made this was right when he said that I could not keep and use this blue one over time (I don't know why, as it was carefully sealed in plastic bag and never bend).

Anyway, Back home fed up with some oil dripping, I put on the extra blue gasket with silicone bond on each side and when I pulled the bolds again with right torque the next day.... it started to drip furious.

Take off again cleaned and dry, put on with only three bond, which is very liquid thus thin and quickly dry (it advices to put on in one minute, impossible). So now it realy drips (20 cc per day).

Living up-country outside small town 700 Km from Bangkok, I could buy a carton colored 1.3 mm thick gasket sheet feeling like paper, but not, quite tough to stretch. The man said to put it into water; I guess after cutting?

Would it be better to put into oil or keep dry?

Use three bond on either side or none?

The gasket reads "GUAMO TOR G". Cannot find this on the net.

Thanks for any experienced advice.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did the clutch a year and few thousand Km ago. There was some dripping of oil after repair, but most came from seals on left side. Replaced except the highest one on the main axle behind the flywheel a few months ago when I had to repair the starter motor. Because its sprocket drops into the right crank case, I took this off and put all back with a thin paper gasket (self made) and liquid bond only on outside. I knew it might not seal, but this repair was 1200 Km away from home where I thought to have a good thicker blue gasket extra made in Bangkok the year before. The man who made this was right when he said that I could not keep and use this blue one over time (I don't know why, as it was carefully sealed in plastic bag and never bend).

Anyway, Back home fed up with some oil dripping, I put on the extra blue gasket with silicone bond on each side and when I pulled the bolds again with right torque the next day.... it started to drip furious.

Take off again cleaned and dry, put on with only three bond, which is very liquid thus thin and quickly dry (it advices to put on in one minute, impossible). So now it realy drips (20 cc per day).

Living up-country outside small town 700 Km from Bangkok, I could buy a carton colored 1.3 mm thick gasket sheet feeling like paper, but not, quite tough to stretch. The man said to put it into water; I guess after cutting?

Would it be better to put into oil or keep dry?

Use three bond on either side or none?

The gasket reads "GUAMO TOR G". Cannot find this on the net.

Thanks for any experienced advice.

When I put the gasket into water it swells up to 1.7 mm, becomes moch mor flexible and shows fibres and centered lining, it can be pressed back to 1.3 mm.

Oil does not have this effect.

If pressed water comes out. I wonder what happens... Can this easily evaporate out of carter?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online