xt's...

This post is 7138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

would one suit me? hearing all the good things from pete and alan is making me think maybe i should try one out. they seem to meet my requirements well and i ride on roads prob alot similar to pete and alan. so come on guys, convince me 8) oh, i aint a short arse either so i'm fine on that account :lol: the cheap insurance seems a very good pro, as does the fact i like exploring along all the small roads/tracks, i rarely ride over 75 so that shouldnt be a problem, the only con i could see is wind protection :? that wouldnt bother me too much though, i'm used to bikes with no screens/fairings...what do you think? oh yeah and what's prices like?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the older one like pete's dibey mate, plus i think i'd like the proper duel sport one 8) i fancy something different that i can do a whole host of things on in one days riding

I would get a ride on one and see what you think Alan.

You'll either love it or hate it....there's no in between.

You'll probably have to spend about £2.5K for an 01/02.

My 03 with 1600 miles was priced at £3299....but it only actually stood me £2.7K cos of the markup I made on the little Divvy.

yep that's what i was thinking pete. i've never rode a big single four stroke trailie, plenty 2 strokes but no thumpers. i'm going round some bike shops tomorrow so might try and blag a ride on one(if they have any!)

There's not that many about Alan.

South Wales Superbikes in Newport have FOUR 02/03 for sale....might be a bit far though! :lol:

The first thing you'll notice is how high you are and it feels as if the clocks are underneath you rather than in front.

When you open it up you'll notice that not a lot happens really, and when you do get up to 70, it feels like 130! :lol:

But get it on tight, bumpy twisties....and nail the throttle....and wherever you point it...it goes.

You wouldn't believe the exotic machinery that's been taken to school by this 48bhp single! 8)

This'll sound stupid but do you reckon an XT would run limited to 33bhp?

When I go for my full lisence I'm thinking of getting a bigger bike so that when the limiter comes out it'll be more than 125, but I'm not sure which bikes would work best

Cool, I'm too stingy to pay for a 125 and then a bigger bike a year later, hopefully, there'll be price drops in the next year or so :-k

South Wales Superbikes in Newport have FOUR 02/03 for sale....might be a bit far though

right well do us a favour and go pick one up for me, i'll sort you out with the money some sunday through the week 8) :lol:

right well do us a favour and go pick one up for me, i'll sort you out with the money some sunday through the week 8) :lol:

Send me a £10,000 cheque and I'll get you a bike and get it delivered to you :?

The rest covers labour 8-[

that's expensive labour!! them guys fixing yer bike must be ripping you big style :wink: anymore smart suggestions and that dt will go up yer arse so far you'll feel like you're in labour! 8) :wink: :lol:

The thing is, even if you only had the XT for 6 months, you'd be a much better rider for having had one.

I got my first trail bike when I was 21, an XL125 (I also had my Kwak 500 at the same time). And it was a great learning experience TBH.

Over the years I've had others...TS185, 2 x SP370's, DT400 etc, and they were all great learning tools.

aye pete, thay are very good for these things. i havent had a off roader in ages but used to do ALOT of motocross. getting the wee ts has just got me thinking i'd like something similar but bigger, the xt came straight to mind 8)

that dt will go up yer arse so far you'll feel like you're in labour! 8)  :wink:  :lol:

I'm very flattered, but shouldn't we have coffee first? :lol:

Oh, btw, my labour's expensive because your paying for the most intelligent, able con-artist ever :shock: :lol::P

Oh sh*t, did I say that out loud :shock: :wink:

I'm very flattered, but shouldn't we have coffee first?

this isn't the honda forum mate 8)

Oh, btw, my labour's expensive because your paying for the most intelligent, able con-artist ever

so what are you then? his oddjob boy :lol:

Interesting Subject this........I also, have been toying with the idea of a Big Thump for Real World use 8) .........& coincidently, I've came across a couple of XT's lately, on the way home from work.......they seem quite capable of daily riding chores through any kind of weather conditions 8)

I was checking out a big XR last night........they seem to be more of an Off roader.....too tall & possibly top heavy :? ......& Outside of their Bulletproof reputation 8) ....there IS that GAY thing you can't get away from! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online