what bike is this??

cegan09
This post is 5135 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

someone i know who has this bike, sat outside for 2 years, probably not that worthy of restoration. My question is simply what is it? I know it's a Yamaha (engine side cover), and that it's a 4 cylinder, but nothing past that. help?

IMG00010-20100404-10031.jpg

IMG00009-20100404-10031.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think it is a XJ 750 Seca . ¿ Is it cardanic ?

:question:

I think it is a XJ 750 Seca . ¿ Is it cardanic ?

:question:

i can't tell from the pictures, but it almost looks that way. (i've not seen the bike in person)

edit: you might have nailed it. Looks like it is an XJ750 Seca, with shaft drive. Thank you. I was going to try and get the wheels if the bike was parted, but i can't use the rear if it is in fact shaft driven. I love those curved spoke wheels.

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/seca06030100.html

Very nice machine, the xj 750 seca ! i remember my father bought one in 1982. The board was some kind of liquid crystal display , when you turned on the start , the indicators magically appeared.And the square headlight was very rare in yamaha.

I wish i could find that bike in this condition.

Thanks for the link , very interesting.

Cheers.