Mirror extender for a YZF125?

Sky
This post is 5153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Loving my new Yamaha and slowly getting the hang and feel of the extra weight and size.

The only thing I'm having problems with at the moment is the side mirrors. For some reason no matter what angle or however far I push the bar back I just cant seem to get a comfortable rear view (as in with my previous CBR). Currently when I have them angled at the correct height I'm seeing too much of my elbows and cant seem to extend the view out enough.

Are there actually any commercial extenders for the side mirrors? Just something to give me an extra inch or 2 out.

I had a look at my mates YZF and he said he initially had the same problem as me but had it somewhat rectified (but not perfect) by sticking a small circular mirror on the edge of the side mirrors (looks like a mini version of the circular mirror they use in news agents and corner shops for security). Any ideas on what these mirrors are called? or where to get hold of them?

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

Not sure about after market type extenders.

Just a thought, but can you not add a large washer type jobby where the mirrors connect to the bike, maybe something cut out of ally?

Found these

BernieMirrorExtensionsR6.jpg

These are $75 which sounds alot to me, and i'm not sure if they would fit your bike.

http://www.whaccesso...-Extensions.htm

:welcome: To the forum.

Vez.