reservoir tank

demondaxs
This post is 5291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just putting my 2002 yzf 600 back on the road after a 2yr lay off, just t be sure

what fluid do i put in the reservoir tank as it's showing empty at the moment and i need to get it to the workshop for

a service.

many thanks

daxs

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, just putting my 2002 yzf 600 back on the road after a 2yr lay off, just t be sure

what fluid do i put in the reservoir tank as it's showing empty at the moment and i need to get it to the workshop for

a service.

many thanks

daxs

could you explain more clearly what the reservoir tank is where is it on the bike , even put up a picture then someone maybe able to help, if it is the one to the radiator then water antifreeze mix, if it is a brake system one then brake fluid. if it is a dry sump bike then engine oil

merv

If you mean the expansion tank for the radiator you want a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol antifreeze and distilled water. Check the level in the tank with the bike stood upright and the level should be between the max and min marks on the tank .Tony.