RD350YPVS wiring problem. Help!!

parky
This post is 5293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm nearing the end of an LC2 rebuild and have everything running and sorted apart from the ignition cut out.

On checking it looks like I have a later F model CDI unit which has no Black/White wire going to it. This just happens to be the switched wire from the cut out and ignition switch on the loom.

I tested the B/W wire and hey presto it earths when the switches are operated.

The question is how do I get this to kill the sparks on the CDI with no B/W wire??

Suggestions (other than a new CDI unit) will be gratefully recieved.

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is difficult to say without a wiring diagram, but all you need is to earth the sparks somewhere in the system, the old lawnmowers just had a metal strip onto the top of the plug

Merv

Just had a look in the Haynes manual at the wiring diagrams for the F and N models and it shows a Red/White wire coming from the Kill switch going into a Red/White wire in the CDI unit. What are the markings on the CDI unit you have. Tony.

On the later bike it looks like they have saved hassle with the cdi and now instead of having the black and white the actual feed from the pick up coil is grounded.

ALL the wires go to the same places but the one difference is, as you know the later CDI has the b/w deleted. The later CDI has a red and white instead of the red, if you connect your black and white line into this, as well as not instead of the red from your loom you should be in business.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online