Will XS 500 rear wheel damper stand powder coating owen?

lassobosso
This post is 5289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all!

As I'm about to give my rims a brand new powder coating I've run into a few questions.

The thing is that I've been instructed to remove all bearings an such from the rims and that is no problem but on the rear rim the damper consists of the four sprocket mounting pins which are attached to the rim with some kind of rubber thingy. So the question is, can these things ber removed/replaced? According to the schematics from bikebandit these parts ar not listed as replaceable (se attached image)

If they are not possible to remove, will the stand the heat of 190 degrees celcius in the powder coating owen?

All help highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lars from Sweden

rear_rim.gif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say it won't work, why don't you ask the powder coaters?

I'm sure that HVC cycle do the bushes but can't find them, Mervin may know as I seen it on aircooled rd forum somewhere!

I would say it won't work, why don't you ask the powder coaters?

I'm sure that HVC cycle do the bushes but can't find them, Mervin may know as I seen it on aircooled rd forum somewhere!

I asked the powder coater and he said he wasnt sure. Anyway, has anybody successfully removed the bushes without destroying them in the process?

Br,

Lars

I asked the powder coater and he said he wasnt sure. Anyway, has anybody successfully removed the bushes without destroying them in the process?

Br,

Lars

well they're removable on the xs400 and i can't see any discernible difference between the two parts. maybe try some spray lubricant and a little careful elbow grease?

...comparing part numbers, they use most of the same parts and i'm even pretty sure they're the same wheel. so yeah, you should be able to yank em.

well they're removable on the xs400 and i can't see any discernible difference between the two parts. maybe try some spray lubricant and a little careful elbow grease?

...comparing part numbers, they use most of the same parts and i'm even pretty sure they're the same wheel. so yeah, you should be able to yank em.

Great! I'll just be careful then. Thanks a alot!

Br,

Lars

I can almost guarantee Dave will ship too sweden, if he wil not i will get em and send em to you if you can paypal the money, but i really sure that will not be necessary, just looked at the details if you click postage and payments the drop down menu includes an option for postage too Sweden, £3.30 i think it was

merv

I can almost guarantee Dave will ship too sweden, if he wil not i will get em and send em to you if you can paypal the money, but i really sure that will not be necessary, just looked at the details if you click postage and payments the drop down menu includes an option for postage too Sweden, £3.30 i think it was

merv

Yes I saw that! Thanx again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online