EBC brake pads

mervin
This post is 5225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If you are using these over priced pieces of shite on any of your bikes keep your eye on em, just took the wheel off my honda vigor and one of the pads came out with it leavng the backing plate behind, had heard of this happening too other people now i have had it happen, luckily not on the road

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Contact the vendor Merv by E-mail, using the title "Well Well Well I'm not the only buyer of this product with a horror story to tell"

then start the body of the E-mail with " During a meeting at the MCN headquarters I was pointed in the direction of a possible manufacturing or batch fail of brake pads purchased from your good selves, as an independant column writer for MCN and others I would be gratefull for your comments, in light of the recent Toyota revelations I feel it my public duty to render an evaluation on safety of this product blah blah blah" :mellow:

i work at the school next to the EBC factory in bristol (european friction industries) and don't want to sh*t on them, but i put a set of EBC green on my EXUP a couple of years ago and they were dreadful; didn't fit properly and seemed to have little in the way of stopping power, it really was white knuckle ride - would only use them again with a degree of caution.

Contact the vendor Merv by E-mail, using the title "Well Well Well I'm not the only buyer of this product with a horror story to tell"

then start the body of the E-mail with " During a meeting at the MCN headquarters I was pointed in the direction of a possible manufacturing or batch fail of brake pads purchased from your good selves, as an independant column writer for MCN and others I would be gratefull for your comments, in light of the recent Toyota revelations I feel it my public duty to render an evaluation on safety of this product blah blah blah" :mellow:

Barky

i have contacted the head honcho at EBC this morning and i am waiting for his reply, he has actually been on the honda XRV forum recently to defend his product and asked for them too be returned, he is lucky that it is not Devon and Cornwall constabulary evaluating the product, cos if i had been in an accident i am sure they would be very interested

merv

Well after a couple of mails with pictures too Andy at EBC they are sending me new pads, as they say these were old and rusty but then on an off road type bike they are not going to be used in the dry and clean all the time, and he reckons they were probably from an old batch, as the bike is 6 years old and i cannot vouch for its life before i had it and the pads were in it when i got it but i have much older pads in the RD,s that are showing no signs of deterioration like this, but they have developed their pads with Lotus and since 2005 have been adding something to them that makes them more resistant too rust and sticking too cast iron discs

so thanks Andy

There are not many 'positives' come out of an economic recession-however one thing that comes back into fashion is 'customers', since the mid 80's the level of 'customer care' in a lot of sectors has almost disappeared,

and now and for a spell us (the customers) are going to be 'new bestest friends' of the vendors of products or services-because now these vendors are gonna have to start 'givin a shit' again.

so my hat is off to Andy at EBC for 'making amends with one of his new bestest friends' ;)

In fairness to Andy i will include his words

still not sure if i will ever trust the pads again though

Also we have included an additive in pads since 2005 called potassium titanate which is an alkaline powder that balances the acidity caused at the pad friction and plate interface and stops this , which we cause a corrosion debond. This is a mod we developed for Lotus to stop pads welding themselves to cast iron rotors and we adopted it years ago for all our pads both car and motorcycle.

The number of reported debonds we get now is small and random and always on pads several years old.

'Resulto maximus', as Alexander the great once said after his first night with Cleopatra, or was it Frankie Howerd in 'Up pompei' :mellow:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online