Rear LED light

Andy1980
This post is 5172 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Can anyone help me!

I have just fitted a clear LED tail light to my 2000 YZF R6 and all my indicators now flash too fast, is it the flasher relay? If it is what one do I replace it with?

Cheers Andy

:rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it will be something to do with the wattage-LEDs use less.

was it the bulb that you changed to LED or what?

if they were working OK before descride what you have done and we can back-track :blink:

Hi

I had small arrow indicators in before (none LED) I have taken the back ones off and the standard back set and replaced them with a LED rear set, with built in indicators.

The rear set has been fully tested and is ok, it works fine on the bike but when you indicate left both front and back indicators flash quicker then they did with the old light in, it also dose the same for right turns, even the green light in the dials flashes faster.

I have been looking on other sites and seen a "wide load flasher relay" needs to be used for LED lights??

Would this slow them down??

yup....thats right.

i had the same problem when i put mini indicators on the bike ....had to put bigger wattage in the back to slow them down.this was with normal bulbs.

hope this helps ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online