2000 DT125R electrical problems

KevShek
This post is 5194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My DTR has sudden developed an electrical fault. Usually, when you turn the key, the neutral light will come on, and youll hear the power valve reset. Only now, no light, and no movement from the valve.

The first sign of trouble i had was after starting the bike normally, then as i rode home, the indicators did not work, although my front/rear and brake lights were still working. Nearer home, the indicators started working fine. When i got in, i decided to check it out, and noticed that when i turned the ignition on, the neutral light either flickered or comes on after a delay, like there was a bad connection. This cause the relay under the rear mudguard to flick on/off rapidly, and also the valve to go a bit crazy. Ive checked the relay (which i dont know what it is) and even with that disconnected, the neutral/ign was still going on/off. Now it just wont turn on at all.

Ive checked the battery which is fine. There is a fuse i installed right next to the battery as there wasnt one when i got the bike, that is also fine. Is there any other fuses on the bike or does anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online