TDM 900 Screen

stu.andrews
This post is 5199 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

In a few weeks I am purchasing a new TDM 900. I am 6'1" tall & am open to suggestions as to the best screen to be used for touring as I have read a fair bit of critisism of the low screen fitted as original equipment.

Any comments would be very welcome.

Regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have a TDM900 and am setting it up to go around Australia. I have fitted the bike out with our cruise control, Givi top box etc and am now working on the screen. I have a pretty good setup now but am still refining the brackets etc and was wondering how much effort I should put in? If there is a substantial market I can produce a marketable product to sell on our web site - www.mccruise.com, but most of the bikes sold in Europe, so shipping costs may be prohibitive. First place to start is what price people may be willing to pay for a good quality screen with all brackets, because you can't just mount to the plastic, special brackets are required to brace the screen or the whole headlight/fairing/instrument cluster will fatigue fracture and break off. If you are interested, send me an email at [email protected] and I will send a photo. Not sure how to post photos here yet. Regards, Tony

Thank you McCruise-Tony for your comments. Interesting to hear what you had to say about fatigue cracking, a thing that screen manufacturers never mention.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online